Pod Your Reef

10 gallon equipment help requested

iambware

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I have started purchasing equipment for my new 10 gallon build.  I am listing the equipment and prices purchased for my own records and I would like help in finding everything I need to get started.  Thanks for your help, I will update the thread as I get started with the build.

Innovative Marine 10 Gallon Nuvo Fusion Nano Aquarium Pro: $179.99

Innovative Marine Nuvo APS 10 gallon fusion cabinet stand: $177.43

Innovative marine spin stream universal nozzle: $17.99

Finnex 50 Watt Titanium Heater with controller: $19.18

SICCE Syncra Silent Nano Pump .5: $28.53

ADJ Products AC Power Strip:  $37.18

2 pack digi thermometers: $10.70

Aquamax MF-1 Nano Protein Skimmer used: $79.69

Tunze 3155 ATO: $164.69

Wanted:

AI Prime HD16 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, iambware said:

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I have started purchasing equipment for my new 10 gallon build.  I am listing the equipment and prices purchased for my own records and I would like help in finding everything I need to get started.  Thanks for your help, I will update the thread as I get started with the build.

Innovative Marine 10 Gallon Nuvo Fusion Nano Aquarium: $140.00

Innovative Marine Nuvo APS 10 gallon fusion cabinet stand: $175.00

Innovative Marine Custom Caddy Purity Pack: $29.99

Innovative marine spin stream universal nozzle: $17.99

Finnex 50 Watt Titanium Heater with controller: $19.18

SICCE Syncra Silent Nano Pump .5: $28.53

Do I need a protein skimmer and ATO?  Also any light recommendations?  Thanks for the help!

:welcome:

looks like a good list so far. ATO and skimmer are things you don’t necessarily need but may want them.

A lot of people use AI Primes on their IM10’s  I would check out some other members tanks and see what has worked for them. 😊

Your water will evaporate quickly  but if you dont mind topping it off almost daily it's your call. An ATO would do it more gradually so the salinity would not be changing swinging... adding 1 gallon of fresh water will drop it by nearly 10 %.

IM skimmers work well but not something you need till the tank is more established. I ran a 20 fushion with a maxpect razor with good results... most sps I grew did well. 

partlycloudy531

You can’t go wrong with an AI Prime on that tank. You could probably hold off on a skimmer for now but if an ATO is in the budget it’s definitely a nice luxury to have. 

Ok i updated the current list of things I have ordered.  I think I just need a ATO and light at this point.  I am thinking about the Tunze 3155 and the AI prime.  Any other opinions or options I should consider for the price?

20 minutes ago, iambware said:

Ok i updated the current list of things I have ordered.  I think I just need a ATO and light at this point.  I am thinking about the Tunze 3155 and the AI prime.  Any other opinions or options I should consider for the price?

If you can get an Ai prime HD or Nanobox that would be great. Also as you mentioned about skimmers, I have NF-1 and it works well...

A7318805-1FF7-4C42-ADFA-B0F37C2E2936.jpeg

• Wow 1
18 minutes ago, iambware said:

AI is a great light and right now the HD is on sale on BRS.

6 hours ago, Clown79 said:

AI is a great light and right now the HD is on sale on BRS.

Should i get the older version for less money or spring for the new?  I found a place with good deals on both/

29 minutes ago, iambware said:

Should i get the older version for less money or spring for the new?  I found a place with good deals on both/

I don't know much about the new one or what's changed.

I know the HD is great.

14 hours ago, Noinoi24 said:

If you can get an Ai prime HD or Nanobox that would be great. Also as you mentioned about skimmers, I have NF-1 and it works well...

A7318805-1FF7-4C42-ADFA-B0F37C2E2936.jpeg

That looks gorgeous.  Nice job!

Kind of reminds me of a Ying Yang...

yinyangGB_original.JPG

• Like 1
partlycloudy531
21 hours ago, iambware said:

If you can find the old one for cheap and your budget is a concern then that is still a very good light. There are slight improvements in the new one but nothing that will make a difference in your coral health or growth. 

• Like 1
SURVEYMAN46123

If you haven't purchased the ATO and pump yet, may I suggest the smaller nano ATO from Tunze and the 1.0 Sicce.    I run both on my NUVO and love the added flow with the 1.0 and spinstream.

Oh and if you are not overfeeding and doing regular waterchanges, save the cash and dont get the skimmer.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:18 PM, Clown79 said:

I don't know much about the new one or what's changed.

I know the HD is great.

AI updated their entire line-up - and they're still called HD.  

they're now featuring a 16-LED cluster vs 13 before.  I think in general terms, blue:white led ratio, went from 2:1 to 3:1.