ReefCleaners.org

Blenny?

Highball

I’m working on a stocking plan for my biocube 29.

So far I know I’m adding a firefish, goby and shrimp pair (either watchman, wheelers, yasha or orange stripe). I also want a pink streaked or possum wrasse.

So....with a combo of these fish, what type of blenny would you recommend as my last fish? Sailfin and orange spotted are out, as I want to eventually add a clam to my tank....

Personally I would get either a Tail Spot Blenny, Red Sea Mimic Blenny, or a Comical Blenny.  I have a Tail Spot Blenny with a Yellow Watchman Goby right now (and I had a Firefish before) with no issues.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Seadragon said:

Personally I would get either a Tail Spot Blenny, Red Sea Mimic Blenny, or a Comical Blenny.  I have a Tail Spot Blenny with a Yellow Watchman Goby right now (and I had a Firefish before) with no issues.

Thanks for the recos! I think I’d need deeper pockets for the mimic or comical blenny! 🤑

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

The Eyebrow Barnacle Blenny (Ekemblemaria myersi) is another good choice..  Very attentive during the day and quite lively at feeding time.

• Like 2

Blenny's are so funny. They have a lot of personality.

I've had starry, bicolor, tailspot, and midas.

They all were/are great fish.

Some blennies possibly may have issues with a firefish. Not sure on compatability.

• Like 1