Top Shelf Aquatics

Hello from UK

Franksy

Hi,

I am a 30 year veteran with reef keeping having just retired after 30 years Police here in the UK. I have decided to start up again having closed down my last Red Sea Reefer a couple of years ago. 

I am going nano hence joining this forum. I still have loads of equipment in the garage which i am sure will come to good use. 

I am visiting Chicago next week travelling with the wife who is on a business trip. I have some spare time while she is in the office and was wondering if there is any shops worth a visit? Also is a trip to Shedd aquarium worth it. my first trip to the US so any advise will be greatly received. TIA

• Like 3

Welcome to NR... cant help ya on the Chicago stuff, but I know we have a few from the area . Hopfully they chime in... 🤙

@WV Reefer know anyone from Chicago area? Isnt there even someone named windy city reefer??

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 4:19 PM, Franksy said:

Hi,

I am a 30 year veteran with reef keeping having just retired after 30 years Police here in the UK. I have decided to start up again having closed down my last Red Sea Reefer a couple of years ago. 

I am going nano hence joining this forum. I still have loads of equipment in the garage which i am sure will come to good use. 

I am visiting Chicago next week travelling with the wife who is on a business trip. I have some spare time while she is in the office and was wondering if there is any shops worth a visit? Also is a trip to Shedd aquarium worth it. my first trip to the US so any advise will be greatly received. TIA

:welcome: to nano-reef! I love Shedd aquarium. Make sure you have at least half a day, that place is huge. I used to live out there but that was 20 years ago. I don't know any fish stores. If you are doing shedd, check out adler planetarium, that place is awesome as well. If you have time hit millennium park, nice place. Whatever you do, don't venture to the south side... If you're into bars, check out wrigglyville.

Anyway, have fun out there. I love Chicago and i'm not a fan of cities lol.

• 3 months later...