Cultivated Reef

Tip of my acro looks like it blew up?

Krusnik

Hi everyone, I've had this acro for a few weeks now, and ever since it came in I noticed that one of the tips looks like it burst? I noticed this when dipping the coral. It also hasn't spread what so ever. I'm not sure what to make of this. Anyone have any ideas? 

IMG_20200102_163710.jpg

Not really sure what I"m looking at. Do you mean that bit on the left? That just looks like it was trying to encrust onto something and was chipped/cut off the something.

3 hours ago, Tired said:

Not really sure what I"m looking at. Do you mean that bit on the left? That just looks like it was trying to encrust onto something and was chipped/cut off the something.

Yup, on the left. I should have circled it prior to uploading. Is that something I should be worried about?

InkedIMG_20200102_163710.thumb.jpg.f08adb623d3ed88cc7ac8c7c668a16fa_LI.jpg

Looks like it was broken off of something it encrusted on like said above or someone was sloppy with superglue.  Either way, it should grow over that area with time if you keep it healthy. 

56 minutes ago, patback said:

Looks like it was broken off of something it encrusted on like said above or someone was sloppy with superglue.  Either way, it should grow over that area with time if you keep it healthy. 

Cool, thanks. It's been like that since i got it, in fact the green coloration has started just recently and has started spreading. So I'm guessing it's happy. 🙂 thanks again for the info!

• Like 1