A Pico Planted Reef Tank

Reefanatic24/7

Reefanatic24/7

Update 1/31/2020

I added some fish a while back. Plans for this tank are now 

1. Upgrade the light

2. Get some RFA's 

3. INVERTS!!!!!

so yeah, the fish I added were an Aurora goby, randall's pistol pair and a spotted mandarin. "Mandarin?!?" you may ask. Yes, I decided to try one because I love them so much! Took a while but she eats a mysis every now and then. She's gained a little weight which is very encouraging. Once I pass the 8ish month mark, I'll post a tentative training thread. One tip I do have for you guys, start a live white worm culture. Mandarins love them and according to Paul B (an extremely accomplished mandarin keeper) they are nutritious too! I mixed those with some frozen mysis and weaned her onto mysis (which she doesn't really like as much as the worms ><). If you want to see more frequent updates, go ahead and follow @thereefwizard on instagram! I post there much more often than I do here lol.

20200131_224059.jpg

IMG_20200124_171045_021.jpg

20200125_131056.jpg

20200125_173805.jpg

Reefanatic24/7

I have since released the mandarin from her little prison into the while tank. The line on the side if her belly is almost gone now and her stomach isn't concave anymore 😁