Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Blog Post

NanoRox

Christopher Marks

All the nuanced fine detail in your sculpting work really shows Duane!

It's great to see photos of them with grown out frags now that the earliest ones are getting to be a year old.

• Like 1

Nice post! The craftsmanship you put into your NanoRox really shines through. As you know, I’m a huge fan, and I especially love your frag collars.

I’m currently getting into SPS, and I’m so happy these came out just at the right time. I find they are especially helpful because a lot of times SPS frags are already encrusted onto their frag plug, so you can’t just easily pop them off and glue them to your scape (like I did in my first Biocube), yet I’m not a fan of visible frag plugs in scapes.

These collars help frag plugs blend right in, giving a much more natural look. Plus another benefit I found was that using them led to much less handling of the actual corals to attach them properly, which seems to have gotten my new additions off to a great start!

It’s also really cool you are open to people submitting new ideas, and even incorporated that into your website. It was fun submitting my idea for the new twist on your frag collars, and I’m so excited you were willing to give the idea a shot!! Can’t wait to try the new ones out! 

D7C8D673-9FC2-463F-8FC3-521F49B8ED75.thumb.jpeg.6c43fe33fdd9dae9eafc66215d2ed3c5.jpeg

81554DCF-0653-4BB4-92A6-1E880FE88215.thumb.jpeg.33b507b3dfaa0fb22f8be7124d9f9aaf.jpeg

10E41894-F322-4044-9F99-DFAD261D53B5.thumb.jpeg.c248a7b47aeab07945be87f2cb205277.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, banasophia said:

Nice post! The craftsmanship you put into your NanoRox really shines through. As you know, I’m a huge fan, and I especially love your frag collars.

I’m currently getting into SPS, and I’m so happy these came out just at the right time. I find they are especially helpful because a lot of times SPS frags are already encrusted onto their frag plug, so you can’t just easily pop them off and glue them to your scape (like I did in my first Biocube), yet I’m not a fan of visible frag plugs in scapes.

These collars help frag plugs blend right in, giving a much more natural look. Plus another benefit I found was that using them led to much less handling of the actual corals to attach them properly, which seems to have gotten my new additions off to a great start!

It’s also really cool you are open to people submitting new ideas, and even incorporated that into your website. It was fun submitting my idea for the new twist on your frag collars, and I’m so excited you were willing to give the idea a shot!! Can’t wait to try the new ones out! 

*Thank you so much.  Honestly, working with other hobbyists and being given the opportunity to create some new things (some even useful...lol) is what I like most about NanoRox.  I have sincerely enjoyed kicking ideas back and forth with you.  I look forward to what is to come in 2020!

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions