Cultivated Reef

Get your fix IM 75 EXT

Nokare

New to the site but not reefing. 

I just finished up renovating the new house so it's time to add a tank! 

I decided on an Innovative Marine 75 EXT.

I purchased some things for the tank but a lot are left overs from before I moved. 

We all know this hobby is addicting so stay tuned to get your fix.

20191204_210942.jpg

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Nokare said:

New to the site but not reefing. 

I just finished up renovating the new house so it's time to add a tank! 

I decided on an Innovative Marine 75 EXT.

I purchased some things for the tank but a lot are left overs from before I moved. 

We all know this hobby is addicting so stay tuned to get your fix.

20191204_210942.jpg

:welcome:

Plumbing is one of the things I really have OCD about. Here are some shots of the planning phase.
I have a 57 watt aqua uv from a previous tank that I wanted to use with this build. And obsticle was it's a unit with a wiper and they recommend horizontal mounting. I have done the whole manifold thing in t hgv e past and decided to just tie it in with my return.

20191118_105504.jpg

20191227_210806.jpg

20191227_211006.jpg

20191227_210831.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

I just ordered one of these tanks! How do you like it so far? Will a 34” sump fit in there okay?

@TheKleinReef I think they say the inside is 32... I got the bashsea 30x15x16 and you can see how tight it is. If I didnt get the skimmer I did, I would have gone smaller. I cant fit anything but the sump in there; no ATO, no reactors outside the sump, nothing but some flake fish food.  I am even doing a cabinet to the side of the tank to fit my apex board and all. 

20191208_110334.jpg

TheKleinReef
24 minutes ago, Nokare said:

@TheKleinReef I think they say the inside is 32... I got the bashsea 30x15x16 and you can see how tight it is. If I didnt get the skimmer I did, I would have gone smaller. I cant fit anything but the sump in there; no ATO, no reactors outside the sump, nothing but some flake fish food.  I am even doing a cabinet to the side of the tank to fit my apex board and all. 

Oh you're right I was looking at the overall dimensions not the interior ones.

I picked up a used ati hybrid that was sold with "newly replaced ballasts".

When I got the light in 2 of the t5 bulbs did not work (a bad ballast) and one of the t5 fans did not work either. 

I contacted the seller before I took anything apart or messed with it at all.  He sent me a full refund immediately!

I took the light apart and messed with the fans and it must have been a loose connection because when I put it back together it worked just fine. 

I had to order a replacement ballast and a wire to upload the programming with my laptop. 

Thing works great! Sometimes things just work out!

20191202_091514.jpg

20191207_110520.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Turns out the sump I got takes up almost all of my stand so I decided I wanted a cabinet for all my electrical goodies and apex. I have admired these for a long time and wanted one on my last tank but never was disciplined enough to do it.

Here is the board all played out and planned. I have extra room on the left for things I may want to add in the future plus a heater display. The heater I had on hand broke somehow so I am ordering a new one.

The red circle is a 3 inch hole that wires will go through. You can also see there is a 2 inch gap on top of the board for all the wires to plung into the eb8.

20200113_181244.jpg

20200113_180153.jpg

I was able to get water in the tank a few weeks ago. Cycle happened really fast on this one. I started with a 16 pound bag of live sand, the rest was dry and just shy of 3 boxes of caribsea shapes life rock. I ghost fed for about a week and a half when I came across these clowns last saturday I made the call to grab them. I had tested the water that morning and nitrates were detectable.

A week later I tested the water again and nitrates are between 15 and 25. 

Ordered a few hardy fish that will be here tuesday. I have started dosing mb7 in preparation for the increased bioload.

Really happy with how the scape turned out. Plenty of space for fish, flow, and corals.

20200119_145948.jpg

20200119_145936.jpg

20200119_145924.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Had an algae turf scrubber made and installed recently. The tank is still very low nutrients and I barely ever clean the glass, there has been ZERO algae on the rocks. This is more of a preparing for down the road move.

20200229_151355.jpg

• Like 3

Unless I missed it. 

Would you mind sharing a full list of your equipment please 👀

And future stocking plans 😁👀

Fricken sweet setup. I think I may now what my upgrade will be in the future.. 

The tank is already stocked for the most part, I am sure some will make their way on the list as time goes by.
Got; nickle sized hippo, midas blenny, 2 clown gobies, 2 clowns, randals assessor, twin spot goby, neon goby, 4x red saddle anthias, 4 lyretail anthias, blotchy, red coris, pink margin fairy, blue head fairy, some shrimp. Nitrates still come back under 10. Have done 2 water changes so far.

• Wow 1
On 3/15/2020 at 4:58 PM, Thrassian Atoll said:

Looking good man!  Why am I just now seeing your build thread?!

Prolly cause you a slacker! Haha. I follow yours, you are the reas ok n bbn I joined and posted here.

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
17 minutes ago, Nokare said:

Prolly cause you a slacker! Haha. I follow yours, you are the reas ok n bbn I joined and posted here.

Well keep this thing updated!

• Haha 1