Coral Vue Hydros

ATO tube holder

dling

I'm looking for something better then the hair clip that I've been using to support the ato tube.

I see the BRS has one but it's 12 dollars. Thats a bit to much. Ant suggestions ?

22 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

What size line do you have? The one you picture looks nice but there is no way to secure the hose on the larger hole.. that would be a deal breaker for me

I'm sure I would have to use the larger hole. I would just jut a zip tie around the tube on both sides of the hole to prevent the tube

from moving around. I'm still looking for a cheaper solution. My wife has some small clips that she uses to keep snack bags sealed.

I'm looking into one of those.

• Like 1

I would downgrade your ATO to use airline tubing if possible....there is a fitting your can possibly just add to your existing pump.  (what pump are you using?)

That keeps the ATO working more slowly, which I like.   If there's ever a problem, I have more time to catch it.  And there's no such thing as "too slow" in this role.  (Any pump will be faster than evaporation.)

This'll also enable you to use airline accessories as mentioned in an earlier post above.

Tunze also makes a holder:

Clamp holder

Clamp holder

7.29 USD

I'll post what it looks like on the tank when I can get a shot of mine here in a minute...

Well I got the photos but I have to reiterate what an unbelievable piece of crap phone cameras are.

Front and top/back shots of the holder:

22E793AC-1AE8-4758-860E-FBAF303FA8C8.thumb.jpeg.168990a0542a0731bb03f7d94ee782e8.jpeg

3ECECDD0-4578-49B4-9BD0-0E0C4D7D5509.thumb.jpeg.8b4d196ea1061c4a8d0e40a723fd1cb8.jpeg

This one is holding the LED and light sensor for my Tunze controller On the frame of a 125 gallon tank – it can handle pretty much any thickness.  Seems like a deal for seven bucks.

I'm not positive whether the standalone part comes with the little wrap that's holding the wire or not, but you could easily DIY something like that to hold an airline tube.  Roger at Tunze could answer that definitively though. Call or email him, he is very responsive.

Tom@HaslettMI

I would not use those clips long term.  The exposed metal and magnet will corrode and pollute your tank. 

I also agree with @mcarroll on reducing the tubing down to airline size. 

Tom