ReefCleaners.org

FNG from ENC, bracing for salt creep...

Mr.Guns

Well, first I hope I joined the right place. I've been reefing for over 20 years, but the past 3-4 years I've been dry. I shut down all of my tanks (which were 150g+) and sold everything off and now I'm getting back into it. I'm currently tank shopping, and I've narrowed it down to 2 local tanks, a 20G rimless cube (drilled) or a 40g "half Moon" AiO tank. As much as I like the rimless look, evaporation is a PITA in my house. I'm familiar with the ins and outs of reefing, but a smaller tank is something that I've always wanted to do, so it's coming soon! I'm also a budget reefer, and don't buy boutique equipment, and chances are I'll be 3D printing a lot of the things I need "to make something work."

Anyhow, here I am, and I look forward to reading through the forums!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Mr.Guns said:

Well, first I hope I joined the right place. I've been reefing for over 20 years, but the past 3-4 years I've been dry. I shut down all of my tanks (which were 150g+) and sold everything off and now I'm getting back into it. I'm currently tank shopping, and I've narrowed it down to 2 local tanks, a 20G rimless cube (drilled) or a 40g "half Moon" AiO tank. As much as I like the rimless look, evaporation is a PITA in my house. I'm familiar with the ins and outs of reefing, but a smaller tank is something that I've always wanted to do, so it's coming soon! I'm also a budget reefer, and don't buy boutique equipment, and chances are I'll be 3D printing a lot of the things I need "to make something work."

Anyhow, here I am, and I look forward to reading through the forums!

:welcome: