inTank Media Baskets

Top Fin 2g Bettaflo “Calm”

Ursyre

Ok, so been trolling this forum and decided I wanted to chime in. Playing with a Topfin Betta 2g , dare I say it.. AIO.. 

I have had many tanks in my past, wife disallowed my reef when we moved to our first house. 
I was able to sneak in a 32g Biocube 32 LED which is totally pimped out with Intank baskets, fuge , etc .. 

I was given this small tank by family cause his Betta didn’t make it. 

So call this a build , more like a let’s see what happens pico. 

I seeded it with rock my from cube, and used some water change water which isn’t too bad, and sand I sucked up. The “bad” water I keep in a 5g bucket for a few weeks before I empty as I have plenty of buckets. 

I had an extra heater 50w Tetra something or other I managed to cram in the back of the tank.. only media is a piece of black filter media I managed to cram behind the small intake area. 

The lighting is just what came with the hood, two small white LEDs.. though I have a 8” cheapy RGB tube light I may just rig up until I can find something smaller. 

Plans are just to wait it out until stable.. lighting is the issue right now so just waiting to see how this goes. 

Maybe just let it cycle and do macros? 

80636AB8-31E3-4453-ABC9-689E4A2E3A2D.jpeg

DCD2FC08-4C69-4937-B857-4EFB27C967C5.jpeg

53461FFC-6C6C-405B-BA6F-1C0E5498A24E.jpeg

829ABBE5-E276-40A0-8088-31154207B14B.jpeg

19B5C92D-C8DC-4586-AFBF-2CBDD8D280C8.jpeg

• Like 1

Probably the betta died because the tank was uncycled and/or unheated. Or because domestic bettas that you see at most pet stores are short-lived genetic disasters. But if it's a betta in a 2gal tank, I suspect it's bad care that did it in. 

Regardless, the tank is off to a really good start. Cute little scape, with some potential. I'd agree on the macros, and maybe pop some zoanthids in there at some point. You could do a small shrimp of some type eventually, or a micro decorator crab if you want to order one from ReefCleaners. 

It's a cute tank.

A lot of us have done or currently have pico's.

I have a 2.5g which is actually great fun to run and pretty easy to maintain. It even has a small damsel(will be rehomed when he grows)

You could do a tail spot blenny which are tiny, or a clown goby. 

Check out the 2 pico contests we did, there are so many very cool systems 

• Like 1