Jump to content
FISHnChix

HELP corals slowly wasting away😥

Recommended Posts

FISHnChix
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

You dump a bud light in there......................:unsure:

 

Oh I've considered it.. it has to be contamination or a pest.. I pulled these little snails that appeared put of no where .. changed the carbon and getting ready for a massive WC. 

 

 

Tested the refracometer while rodi and it was zero and then tested it with this cal fluid.. I seriously am pretty damn sure I'm not making a rookie move but am hoping someone chimes in with something I'm stupidly missing... I'm stumped 

20191219_170014.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites
53 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Here are the little snails that started appearing... 

20191219_163814.jpg

20191219_163810.jpg

That shell shape looks allot like box or sundail snails, but the colors are all wrong, no clue what they are.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
3 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

That shell shape looks allot like box or sundail snails, but the colors are all wrong, no clue what they are.

Yup looks like a 3/8s nut to me.,...................:unsure:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yup looks like a 3/8s nut to me.,...................:unsure:

Lol yep quarter twenty..

 

 

 

 

Oh and no stray voltage either.. half a volt from the apex of all things...🤔

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
6 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lol yep quarter twenty..

 

 

 

 

Oh and no stray voltage either.. half a volt from the apex of all things...🤔

1/4 20 would be 1/4"..................wtf..................... 3/8s 16 is a 3/8s nut.....................

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Here are the little snails that started appearing... 

20191219_163814.jpg

20191219_163810.jpg

@StinkyBunny can probably help ID if they are baddies. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

1/4 20 would be 1/4"..................wtf..................... 3/8s 16 is a 3/8s nut.....................

Whoops..Actually I was thinking of the wrong thing. My bad. Quarter twenty is actually 7/16 nut. And that's what it was haha.  My mind is all twisted tonight

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Whoops..Actually I was thinking of the wrong thing. My bad. Quarter twenty is actually 7/16 nut. And that's what it was haha.  My mind is all twisted tonight

Um nope......................1/4 20 is a 1/4 inch nut...................merica.....................cmon.................

 

I use that shit all the time...................you drinking bud light..............:unsure:

 

lets just de rail this thread like all the others.............:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Um nope......................1/4 20 is a 1/4 inch nut...................merica.....................cmon.................

 

I use that shit all the time...................you drinking bud light..............:unsure:

 

lets just de rail this thread like all the others.............:lol:

Wrong.. I use it more😏

Screenshot_20191219-180835_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
5 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Wrong.. I use it more😏

Screenshot_20191219-180835_Chrome.jpg

Um.....................look what you posted.................:lol: wrench size 7/16s......................well 1/2" is 3/4......................

 

So what your saying is you wear an extra small rubber but buy a small....................:tongueout:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
16 minutes ago, spectra said:

Um.....................look what you posted.................:lol: wrench size 7/16s......................well 1/2" is 3/4......................

 

So what your saying is you wear an extra small rubber but buy a small....................:tongueout:

Are you drinking again? You said 3/8 nut. I was talking size for reference 7/16 nut wrench size for a quarter 20 bolt.. 😚😘 get some sleep old timer 

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
Just now, FISHnChix said:

Are you drinking again? You said 3/8 nut. I was talking size for reference 7/16 nut wrench size for a quarter 20 bolt.. 😚😘 get some sleep old timer 

um skippy............a 1/4" nut is a 7/16 wrench size...............not 1/4 20 thread size...............get it right.................

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

um skippy............a 1/4" nut is a 7/16 wrench size...............not 1/4 20 thread size...............get it right.................

Lmao we are arguing the differant shit haha. The nut in question is 1/4 nut size not 3/8 and yes I was talking actual measurement  size for comparison to the snails which is a 1/4 nut size but 7/16 inch for referance..🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ this is why I like you bc your a pain in my ass

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lmao we are arguing the differant shit haha. The nut in question is 1/4 nut size not 3/8 and yes I was talking actual measurement  size for comparison to the snails which is a 1/4 nut size but 7/16 inch for referance..🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ this is why I like you bc your a pain in my ass

Um nope...................you said a 1/4" was 7/16................

 

I was saying looked like a 3/8s nut to me...................

 

Hell I know my nut to wrench size................:tongueout:

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Um nope...................you said a 1/4" was 7/16................

 

I was saying looked like a 3/8s nut to me...................

 

Hell I know my nut to wrench size................:tongueout:

Ok now your ####ing with me old timer of course a 1/4 nut fits a 1/4 bolt. You know what I was talking about actual size :slap:.. go to bed .. and yes we once again derailed a thread that I actually need an answer too😥

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Ok now your ####ing with me old timer of course a 1/4 nut fits a 1/4 bolt. You know what I was talking about actual size :slap:.. go to bed .. and yes we once again derailed a thread that I actually need an answer too😥

Its all good..................no bed some asshole drank all the beer................I may need to go get more.....................

 

It will work its way out..............your tank will be fine.................

 

Take some water to a local store and have them check salinity and params..................

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Its all good..................no bed some asshole drank all the beer................I may need to go get more.....................

 

It will work its way out..............your tank will be fine.................

 

Take some water to a local store and have them check salinity and params..................

Thanks buddy. I dunno this time . I am confident in my testing. I have 2 kits for each parameter salfert and red sea and hanna for phos... Both read damn close.. I really limit my variables when it comes to testing... plus my lfs suck like really suck.. I might do it just for the hell of it bc I will hve some time next week. I'll keep ya informed..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
mcarroll

The alkalinity swing is the only real mystery that you mentioned.

 

How much were you dosing prior to shutting the doser off?

 

Do you have a trend line for your alkalinity tests up to the point where you shut itt off?

 

How stable was alk up to that point?

Share this post


Link to post
mcarroll

Almost forgot:  What was the last big change to the system and when did that happen?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...