inTank Media Baskets

HELP corals slowly wasting away😥

FISHnChix

9 minutes ago, spectra said:

You dump a bud light in there......................:unsure:

Oh I've considered it.. it has to be contamination or a pest.. I pulled these little snails that appeared put of no where .. changed the carbon and getting ready for a massive WC. 

Tested the refracometer while rodi and it was zero and then tested it with this cal fluid.. I seriously am pretty damn sure I'm not making a rookie move but am hoping someone chimes in with something I'm stupidly missing... I'm stumped 

20191219_170014.jpg

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Here are the little snails that started appearing... 

20191219_163814.jpg

20191219_163810.jpg

That shell shape looks allot like box or sundail snails, but the colors are all wrong, no clue what they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

That shell shape looks allot like box or sundail snails, but the colors are all wrong, no clue what they are.

Yup looks like a 3/8s nut to me.,...................:unsure:

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yup looks like a 3/8s nut to me.,...................:unsure:

Lol yep quarter twenty..

Oh and no stray voltage either.. half a volt from the apex of all things...🤔

6 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lol yep quarter twenty..

Oh and no stray voltage either.. half a volt from the apex of all things...🤔

1/4 20 would be 1/4"..................wtf..................... 3/8s 16 is a 3/8s nut.....................

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

1/4 20 would be 1/4"..................wtf..................... 3/8s 16 is a 3/8s nut.....................

Whoops..Actually I was thinking of the wrong thing. My bad. Quarter twenty is actually 7/16 nut. And that's what it was haha.  My mind is all twisted tonight

3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Whoops..Actually I was thinking of the wrong thing. My bad. Quarter twenty is actually 7/16 nut. And that's what it was haha.  My mind is all twisted tonight

Um nope......................1/4 20 is a 1/4 inch nut...................merica.....................cmon.................

I use that shit all the time...................you drinking bud light..............:unsure:

lets just de rail this thread like all the others.............:lol:

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Um nope......................1/4 20 is a 1/4 inch nut...................merica.....................cmon.................

I use that shit all the time...................you drinking bud light..............:unsure:

lets just de rail this thread like all the others.............:lol:

Wrong.. I use it more😏

Screenshot_20191219-180835_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Wrong.. I use it more😏

Screenshot_20191219-180835_Chrome.jpg

Um.....................look what you posted.................:lol: wrench size 7/16s......................well 1/2" is 3/4......................

So what your saying is you wear an extra small rubber but buy a small....................:tongueout:

16 minutes ago, spectra said:

Um.....................look what you posted.................:lol: wrench size 7/16s......................well 1/2" is 3/4......................

So what your saying is you wear an extra small rubber but buy a small....................:tongueout:

Are you drinking again? You said 3/8 nut. I was talking size for reference 7/16 nut wrench size for a quarter 20 bolt.. 😚😘 get some sleep old timer 

Just now, FISHnChix said:

Are you drinking again? You said 3/8 nut. I was talking size for reference 7/16 nut wrench size for a quarter 20 bolt.. 😚😘 get some sleep old timer 

um skippy............a 1/4" nut is a 7/16 wrench size...............not 1/4 20 thread size...............get it right.................

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

um skippy............a 1/4" nut is a 7/16 wrench size...............not 1/4 20 thread size...............get it right.................

Lmao we are arguing the differant shit haha. The nut in question is 1/4 nut size not 3/8 and yes I was talking actual measurement  size for comparison to the snails which is a 1/4 nut size but 7/16 inch for referance..🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ this is why I like you bc your a pain in my ass

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lmao we are arguing the differant shit haha. The nut in question is 1/4 nut size not 3/8 and yes I was talking actual measurement  size for comparison to the snails which is a 1/4 nut size but 7/16 inch for referance..🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ this is why I like you bc your a pain in my ass

Um nope...................you said a 1/4" was 7/16................

I was saying looked like a 3/8s nut to me...................

Hell I know my nut to wrench size................:tongueout:

8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Um nope...................you said a 1/4" was 7/16................

I was saying looked like a 3/8s nut to me...................

Hell I know my nut to wrench size................:tongueout:

Ok now your ####ing with me old timer of course a 1/4 nut fits a 1/4 bolt. You know what I was talking about actual size :slap:.. go to bed .. and yes we once again derailed a thread that I actually need an answer too😥

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Ok now your ####ing with me old timer of course a 1/4 nut fits a 1/4 bolt. You know what I was talking about actual size :slap:.. go to bed .. and yes we once again derailed a thread that I actually need an answer too😥

Its all good..................no bed some asshole drank all the beer................I may need to go get more.....................

It will work its way out..............your tank will be fine.................

Take some water to a local store and have them check salinity and params..................

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Its all good..................no bed some asshole drank all the beer................I may need to go get more.....................

It will work its way out..............your tank will be fine.................

Take some water to a local store and have them check salinity and params..................

Thanks buddy. I dunno this time . I am confident in my testing. I have 2 kits for each parameter salfert and red sea and hanna for phos... Both read damn close.. I really limit my variables when it comes to testing... plus my lfs suck like really suck.. I might do it just for the hell of it bc I will hve some time next week. I'll keep ya informed..

• Like 1

The alkalinity swing is the only real mystery that you mentioned.

How much were you dosing prior to shutting the doser off?

Do you have a trend line for your alkalinity tests up to the point where you shut itt off?

How stable was alk up to that point?