Sharbuckle

Sharbuckles Reef

Sharbuckle
23 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I'm intrigued.  Always wonder how to incorporate these heavy duty shelf/bench as an aquarium stand; they are very cost effective for the load capacity!

are there any certain measures that need to be taken using it around saltwater?

Very cost effective other than the shipping costs! 

They work incredibly well. I’ve been impressed by them in the past. This time I think I will put some sort of clear coat on the steel frame to keep it rust proof. 

• Like 1

Sharbuckle
10 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Well this is exciting!

I’m super excited to get going. Floors won’t be done for another 2.5-3 weeks so I’ll expect to fill it up perhaps mid February. 

Going to dry fit the plumbing this week however. 

• Like 1

Sharbuckle

Stand is built and the sump fits. Only issue is the shelves are particle board. A friend pointed out that it swells very easily and wouldn’t be forgiving on a rimless tank. Going to get some hardwood cut and use it instead. Will lay down some yoga mats for extra leveling.

0D6D4D55-CDA1-4F63-95D5-ECD3AA49BBC9.jpeg

• Like 3

Pjanssen

I agree 100% on the particle board. Even if you paint it with marine grade paint and epoxy I wouldn't trust that it would be 100%waterproof. Besides, real wood will give it a little upgraded feel.

Are you leaving it open

Sharbuckle
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I agree 100% on the particle board. Even if you paint it with marine grade paint and epoxy I wouldn't trust that it would be 100%waterproof. Besides, real wood will give it a little upgraded feel.

Are you leaving it open

I haven’t decided yet on if I’m leaving it open or not. We shall see, I think if I make the plumbing look half decent I may leave it open. 

• Like 1