SaltCritters.com

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

I hope you hear from them soon. Even if they are having trouble with their supply chain or they have a large amount of orders they should stay in touch. 

I know right? I actually finally heard back today… saying they’re running behind and it should be ready to ship next week… we shall see if that’s true or not 

• Like 3

While I haven’t tested in ages… I feel like the tank is really on the upswing. Corals are much happier. Sps only showing PE at night currently. I’m trying to coax them out with some light amino dosing again. 

Nice to have the tank somewhat under control again. It’s been running just under one and a half years now and I feel like I may have finally found a balance and the tank is stable.

one thing I’ve learned. Live rock! You need good, real, live rock. This dry stuff just doesn’t cut it

AF1AB312-B7A3-4309-AF51-57D809AB2D92.jpeg

• Like 2

So I’ve been battling a back injury for the past 6 months… unfortunately it’s starting to win. I need to take some time off but I recently switched jobs and don’t have any vacation or savings to pay for it… I may have to liquidate some livestock in order to take 4-6 weeks off. Exploring other options right now but it may look be the only answer. 

• Sad 4
3 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

So I’ve been battling a back injury for the past 6 months… unfortunately it’s starting to win. I need to take some time off but I recently switched jobs and don’t have any vacation or savings to pay for it… I may have to liquidate some livestock in order to take 4-6 weeks off. Exploring other options right now but it may look be the only answer. 

That's terrible news! I hope you are able to make it through without having to pawn off your livestock. Here's wishing you a swift recovery! 🤞

• Like 3

Thanks guys. I feel like I’ve got a long road ahead but I’m gonna get there. Still young enough… for now… haha

Just want to take a second to say thank you to everyone who has been following along. Not just with this tank but all my threads over the years. I wouldn’t be as capable a Reefer as I am today without nanoreef.com and all you amazing people. 

Here’s a short video I made tonight to celebrate.

• Like 3

First day back at work in a week and my back and foot are holding up okay. Good sign I hope. Chiropractor Friday will hopefully give me some positive news.

Not much for tank updates but my custom frag tank that I ordered 3 friggin months ago is finally ready to be shipped. Having said that I started organizing frags between both tanks and can’t wait to have my display fuge back to being a display fuge! 

I attributed early successes in the hobby with having a large refugium. I would like to see how the tank will do again with one.

so for now my display is riddled with frags and racks…. 

F8CB337B-E8B0-4143-AAE7-4ED3172F059B.jpeg

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

First day back at work in a week and my back and foot are holding up okay. Good sign I hope. Chiropractor Friday will hopefully give me some positive news.

Not much for tank updates but my custom frag tank that I ordered 3 friggin months ago is finally ready to be shipped. Having said that I started organizing frags between both tanks and can’t wait to have my display fuge back to being a display fuge! 

I attributed early successes in the hobby with having a large refugium. I would like to see how the tank will do again with one.

so for now my display is riddled with frags and racks…. 

F8CB337B-E8B0-4143-AAE7-4ED3172F059B.jpeg

Your tank is looking gorgeous. Glad your back and foot are holdIng up okay... I hope you’re on the mend. 💛

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gave the glass a really good scrape today. Both sides were absolutely covered in algae and coraline. So so so cloudy right now but I’m looking forward to when it clears. 

98C323E0-4569-4722-8494-F4B02B320B8B.jpeg

• Like 3

Discovered one of my reactors today wasn’t working. The creeping cyano problem made me think my media wasn’t working. Sure enough, Six baby Trochus snails clogged the impeller on the pump! Back running now, a couple were even alive still.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Frag tank officially arriving Monday! The stand and sump hopefully by Friday. So so so excited to get frags out of the display, and corals out of the fuge. Can’t wait to jam it full of macro algae and get some stability again.

• Like 4