Cultivated Reef

1 hour ago, Murphych said:

Mate I don't know what your banging on about.. that...my old mucker is a mint looking tank!! Some bountiful animals in there arranged very well indeed. 👍🏼👍🏼👌

Haha... up close you can see the coral aren’t truly happy. Thank you for the kind words though 🙂 

• Like 2

Tested nitrates today and they seem to be slightly lower. Still absolutely no polyp extension from my sps. Hopefully things continue to improve. 

After some thought I also decided to scrape the back wall a little bit to get some contrast and depth back. The corals and rock were just blending into the purple wall. 

Here’s a cool comparison shot between a whiter look which my tank looks like during the day, and an all blue shot which the tank looks like as it ramps down.

596C58B5-FA86-43EA-9643-0FC2144BC212.jpeg

• Like 9

When you had mentioned that you're going to scrape the back wall, I wondered why-all that good coraline. But now I see-your corals really do pop a bit better against the black. Nice job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Sharbuckle
On 6/28/2021 at 8:25 AM, Pjanssen said:

When you had mentioned that you're going to scrape the back wall, I wondered why-all that good coraline. But now I see-your corals really do pop a bit better against the black. Nice job.

Thanks penny 🙂 

Sharbuckle

Bubble algae in the refugium/frag tank has gotten out of control. I added five emerald crabs yesterday to help battle it, let’s see if they like it….

• Like 2
Sharbuckle
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Emerald crabs have always worked for me. I was even lucky enough one that I no longer have would even eat hair algae on occasion. 

Oh that’s awesome!! I hope mine follow suit. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Looks awesome! Glad you're hanging in there despite some of your frustrations.

Thanks 🙂 I’m so busy with work I wouldn’t even have time to tear it down anyway, so maybe that’s a blessing lol 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gena said:

I can't believe this tank is only 1.5 years old, wow!!!  Awesome job!!!!  

Thank you so much Gena 🙂 

• Like 1

Starting to finally see some polyp extension after lights out… I know that’s when polyps are usually out but there has been zero PE for a long time so this is encouraging. Maybe its time for some testing! 

• Like 1

Took some top down shots after dark and just realized how many freaking asterina stars I’ve got in my tank… too many!

84F152D9-9C1C-497C-B834-7CBB9591F391.jpeg

E7F2BC4B-A137-4B4C-9A0C-8CBE01B9057C.jpeg

EF7CCC1A-3EC1-4366-9A2D-D699C23DC242.jpeg

5ABABE23-2953-45DE-B026-B379B87DB164.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 3

Just spending some time tonight sitting in front of the reef and staring at it. Been a while since I’ve been able to do so. It’s nice, I need a new chair though!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve broken my no coral on the sandbed rule… but it’s only because I ordered a custom frag tank 3 months ago and it’s still not here. 3 months with zero communication from this company….. I’m beginning to think my tank won’t ever show up 

BFAB642F-0922-4700-AAEE-233CD6B3158B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1