Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Just over a month away from the year mark. FTS at 10,000k. Big water change today. Definitely need to change out my reactor media and clean the filter socks. Just ran out of steam. 

E2ACD316-3EE6-4CCC-934C-7EE24A7AD044.jpeg

• Like 6
On 12/31/2020 at 10:47 AM, Sharbuckle said:

A ten month update video!

Love the scape and how you’re filling it out! What is that big fish? Not sure if I’ve ever seen one of those

13 minutes ago, Jessy-Ray said:

Love the scape and how you’re filling it out! What is that big fish? Not sure if I’ve ever seen one of those

Thank you so much! It’s a Lemon Chromis. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Jessy-Ray said:

Very cool fish! Never heard of one of those before. 

Came from a tank shutdown. Only ever seen one other. In someone’s tank here in town. 

Big water change this week. Having a bit of a diatom resurgence in the fuge/frag/reef. Reefragium?

Got my xr15 back and mounted it on the display with the xr30 and hybrid light. Raised the whole fixture about 2” to get more spread. The tank looks way more filled out with light now. Although i do want to get the 36” hybrid now.

oh i noticed some aptasia today as well.... annoying bastards, gotta get something to eat them! 

Ugh... just stirred up all the detritus in my sump by accident... whole tank is super cloudy. 

Forced me to replace carbon and gfo media which i havent done in ages... one positive i suppose

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Forest fire digitata not happy yesterday and today.... could it be the new light directly over it? Most likely, i turned the intensity down and raised the fixtures 2” already. Thought that may help. Will give it a couple days and see whats up then. Good thing ive got a frag of it in the other tank. 

I needed (wanted) a new fish. Something bigger for algae control. Well I ended up with a small scopas tang. Came im a bit skinny but it’s settled and already started picking at the rocks. Talbot and lemon started to bully it right away but after a few hours the aggression has calmed down.

F5C21B59-9ECB-4260-8D69-B1B29F773FB3.jpeg

• Like 3

Traded a frag of my orange zoanthids for a six line wrasse. Its in the “fuge” with big mama and the gang. Doing well, fearless fish. I thought the clarkii and maroon might give it hell, i was wrong. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Broke my elkhorn montipora colony off the rock this morning.... oops

D3DD4556-4188-45D1-AC76-D9EAC9CE1A0D.jpeg

There are too many awesome monti morphs out there for any one system, looks beautiful

• Thanks 1

So.... i’ve gone a bit fish nuts. I ordered a copperband butterfly that didnt show up a while ago. Well the opportunity came up to get a small one, super cheap, and shipped to my door! I jumped on it. On top of that, I just received word that an ORA Lemonpeel is currently being shipped to Canada for me. It’s one of my dream fish, I had one previously that was a model citizen. Didn’t nip corals and was very friendly. Unfortunately I lost it and many others to velvet.

I will most likely put the angel in the 40g for the time being. Too many fleshy favias for it to be tempted by in the display. I can’t wait to get my baby lemonpeel!

The tank is 23 days shy of one year! In the home stretch now. Here are some pics for fun. 

E718B4AE-5F2A-40AF-B97C-BDD8056939D7.jpeg

E6767323-9F12-478D-B285-ADC85EB1A08A.jpeg

9C020537-425E-4744-BF6A-72D820CA27E6.jpeg

32DA85BD-E736-4C19-B1D3-B56D5DE51623.jpeg

79C1AD57-1896-40A7-BA5A-6AEF75ADEE3B.jpeg

• Like 1

One of the simplest but stunning tanks I seen was 90 gallon tank with a black back and black sand, with white dead coral skeleton and two copperband butterfly's. I am not sure why I told you that. I hope that your new fish do well and glad your getting your dream fish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

One of the simplest but stunning tanks I seen was 90 gallon tank with a black back and black sand, with white dead coral skeleton and two copperband butterfly's. I am not sure why I told you that. I hope that your new fish do well and glad your getting your dream fish.

Sounds pretty cool! 

• Like 1

Happy to report the scopas as well as a striated wrasse have settled in perfectly.

My Orange Passion acropora frag has never really grown much but has developed fantastic colour. My dillema is that its stuck between a very stingy stylophora and a fast growing aussie plating Acropora (which will sting it). 

Im debating on removing the elkhorn montipora colony all together and moving the orange passion to its place. That way it will have lots of room to take its time growing. 

The monti will get moved to the 40 gallon, i just badly need some more light on that tank. 

• Like 2

Green elkhorn moved over to the 40. Orange passion in a much safer spot now. I also added a new acropora plana frag up top. 

Now i can see the acropora thats been growing behind the elkhorn! 

Copperband arrives tomorrow. 

C90A8264-546B-4FB0-AA65-040DB2DA1C23.jpeg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, JustReading said:

Wait.......he couldn't take the temperature tank temps?  Just joking 

Poor guy, shipping delays or just too cold out?

Poor packaging in my opinion. Heat packs were stone cold. 

35 minutes ago, Reeferadicto13 said:

How’s your experience with the kamoer x1 dosing pump, would you recommend them? Nice tank by the way!

Yes. I have had absolutely no issues with the x1 pumps. Having said that ill be upgrading to Ecotech versa. Once they’re available