ReefCleaners.org

Sharbuckle

Obviously something is wrong.

nitrates tested pretty high the other day and phosphates low. I’m assuming this is the problem. If you look at the plating acro, milepora, and the valida beside them. You can see that there is barely any polyp extension.

A few other possibilities. I changed salt to Red Sea pro on the 12th. So almost exactly between these two pictures. Could that have been the problem? Going to search high and low for some H2Ocean salt today which is what I used for the life of this tank.

another very good possibility.... the Lemonpeel angel.... watching him very closely. 

• Like 2
Sharbuckle

Tossed the Red Sea salt to the side and picked up some more h2ocean today. Did a 20% water change and changed out my filter floss. Tank looks okay..

kept a close eye on my angel today and it’s definitely nipping at coral but I don’t think to the point where it would decimate a whole colony... will keep monitoring 

The monti in the bottom left is pretty impressive for 20 days growth lol. Low P04 can definitely make things upset, changing salt too if it's different params from your baseline.

Sharbuckle
2 minutes ago, A.m.P said:

The monti in the bottom left is pretty impressive for 20 days growth lol. Low P04 can definitely make things upset, changing salt too if it's different params from your baseline.

Haha ya that’s a piece of elkhorn that fell off and got wedged in the rock... forgot about it until I took some top down shots!

As far as changing salt i didnt want to but the Red Sea was all my LFS had at the time. Gotta stock up on h2ocean! 

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

Took some photos with an old dslr. I have no idea what im doing but some of them turned out okay. 

IMG_7023.jpg

IMG_7019.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

• Like 2
Sharbuckle
11 minutes ago, teamschreiba said:

They look great!!!

Thank you! 

Just received my new lights! Ecotech xr15 pros. Going to hang them up tonight. Very pumped. 

B5ED6675-DB85-4FFF-9FCD-3A6479BC4DE7.jpeg

Sharbuckle

Nitrates continuing to climb while phosphates continually stay at 0. Time to get dosing... ordered some neophos and some microbacter7. Hopefully shows up sooner than later and I can get this under control. Some sps starting to look like death... 

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

Okay so yesterday I started dosing brightwell neophos as well as microbacter. I see a very slight reading of phosphates today while nitrates remain high at 25... will measure daily now and my hope is that nitrate will slowly fall. Looks like I’ll lose a blue torte in the process. 

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

Detectable phosphates again today with still very high nitrates.... really hoping this balances out soon! In other news i got 5 more favia frags today..... I’m an addict 

A7FE0EB7-F81F-4A4E-B1A2-B91F1631DF62.jpeg

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

I’ve decided starting tomorrow to hold off on amino dosing for a while. My nitrates are still high and even dosing phosphates they’re still quite low. Going to stop amino for a couple weeks and see if it has an impact. 

Sharbuckle

Nitrates look to be slowly dropping. Very good news. Hope this trend keeps up and my tank gets back to happy times. 

B2405808-EFFD-4E2C-A9E5-239F57C1C33B.jpeg

• Like 2
Sharbuckle

Decided to rehome the lemon chromis. That fish was a bully and I also suspect it was munching on sps. It’s gone to it’s new home this morning. 

• Wow 1
Sharbuckle

Rescued a clownfish today from a severely neglected tank. Luckily I’m the new service guy for that tank so it should Be beautiful in no time at all. You can see the little clown below in its algae jungle. 

CDEDE6DF-2561-413A-950F-22F48F1869D4.jpeg

• Wow 2