Pod Your Reef

Well I guess it was too little too late. The mimic is gone. I’m convinced that it was internal parasites. It got skinnier and skinnier over 6 weeks until it just couldn’t go another day.....

Big water change today. Still unsure of what happened to the baby maroon. Tough week for the tank. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
On 4/13/2021 at 8:11 AM, debbeach13 said:

Sorry for the losses. Some times we try our best and it is not enough. Most live stock goes through so much on it's way to out tanks I think it is almost a crap shoot that any thing lives through it.

Thanks Deb. 

The sad week continues. I found my perfectly healthy copperband butterfly sucked into the Tunze stream 3..... this is the fourth or fifth fish that has been killed by this stupid powerhead. I believe the design is flawed... it’s gotta go.. going to replace with my backup mp40.

what an awful month for my tank... 

6E7B4778-8183-4AED-BEFA-7D54120AA4DE.jpeg

• Sad 4

Taped a piece of plastic onto the light fixture to block light spill when taking photos. Much better now with no glare.

17EF21A0-E7B0-4FEA-8723-15847543E385.jpeg

BD2A2E7F-06D5-4E33-8603-A8DBED1CEFD7.jpeg

• Like 2

Water change day. Just an easy 10g change. I figure I’m going to try and to 10g changes once to twice a week. See how the tank does. So easy and only takes maybe 20 minutes to complete. 

DF7AA3DB-B506-4E63-95C5-1FC5326D76B4.jpeg

• Like 2

I have this idea in my head. I don’t currently like my stand set up. It’s messy and looks ugly. I’m absolutely awful at building things so would need to get it built. Basically I want to make a long cabinet to hold both my display and frag tank. Redo the plumbing from the frag tank to the sump and have a controller area. Somewhere I can really tidy up the cords so you can’t see anything..... am I crazy? Would probably cost me upwards of $600-$800... 

Fed reef roids today for the first time in ages. I also noticed today my lemonpeel is having trouble pooping... long string brown poop. From some quick research it indicates constipation. Will look into getting some meds to soak food in. 

Another small water change done today. Cyano is starting to spread all over my rocks up top... it would seem my balance is off between nitrate and phosphate. I decided to remove the GFO and start slowly carbon dosing.

im going to start by dosing ESV trace elements plus. It’s trace elements combined with a carbon source. Let’s see how it does.

will continue with 5-10g water changes twice weekly as well. 

Some test results from today after water change.

phosphate - 0.00

nitrate - 15 ....... oops

alk - 8.3

salinity - 1.025

well now I can clearly see why I have cyano! 

Removed the t5 today in preparation to hang my new g5 radions. I gotta say the tank looks a lot nicer without the big bulky t5 fixture over top. 

Just have one Radion over top right now as my new lights should arrive Monday. 

Not having the t5’s makes for a wicked viewing angle with the flow off. 

16A00338-6499-4541-B166-D4F9EFA78560.jpeg

• Like 1