Innovative Marine Aquariums

Water change today finally.... I’ve been behind in doing them for over a month.... possibly more. Big tank maintenance day tomorrow 

61B7265F-B47E-4437-868D-E3288DFACAEA.jpeg

• Like 2

Lost a couple of the new frags... and unsure why... 

In other news I did a bit of fragging today for a friend in need. Unfortunate news from across the border, he has to go home to the US to see a loved one who’s ill. In these times it’s hard to afford a trip like that. A few of us in the local group have made some frags to raffle off to help pay for his time away from work. Already raised $250 in one day and it’s my turn tomorrow so I cut some sps frags. 

Its nice to be able to help another Reefer out while using the hobby to do so. 

5E5E163C-20A6-44AD-B55B-E0BDE38071E9.jpeg

• Like 4
On 3/16/2021 at 7:57 AM, debbeach13 said:

That is a wonderful thing you are all doing.

It was so awesome. He got to take the trip and say goodbye. I can’t imagine what he’s going through. Poor family.... 

The fundraiser actually raised the total amount in the first 36 hours and I didn’t have to put my frags up for raffle. I’m just going to hold onto them and let them grow for a while. Along with the other 8 frags I made today. 

I also ordered plumbing for my 180g build from AquariumDepot.ca . For all my Canadian friends Theyre my favourite online retailer.

B7D89FD3-28A6-4F67-824E-15E46C74228C.jpeg

• Like 2

I can honestly say I’ve been lacking a bit on tank maintenance. Haven’t changed reactor media in ages, haven’t cleaned the sump in too long. I’m paying the price.

lost about four frags in the past 2 weeks. My guess is some elevated nutrients. I’d like to be 100% sure but I’m out of nitrate and phosphate test kits. When I return from my trip of 3 days I’ll pick some up and really get back to basics. 

I also noticed some black lumps on my copperband fins today... hopefully nothing too serious. Will monitor.

bubble algae out of control in my display “fuge”. Think I may get an army of emeralds on the job. I ordered an ORA Lemonpeel on a whim about two months ago and it’s finally coming Wednesday. Not sure what I was thinking haha. It may live in the 40 for now. 

• Like 1

Away from the tank for the first time... I think. Two days in the woods is so so so needed. I set up my Furbo dog camera to point right at the tanks. Should alert me of any weird changes! Fingers crossed nothing crazy happens. 

80E3F491-768C-4B58-9F4C-2FEDCF471F5C.png

• Like 5
On 3/22/2021 at 9:23 PM, debbeach13 said:

Enjoy your time away.

Thanks! We did it was amazing. Only 3 days but it was so restful.

I received my Ora lemonpeel angel today. It’s sooooo tiny! I hope it’s behaved and doesn’t eat coral which is most likely 100% will.... I also hope it doesn’t get picked on! 

C6893E64-5FAB-4D4D-88A7-D9000505FEE3.jpeg

• Like 4

The baby Lemonpeel is doing well. Although quite skinny and I haven’t seen it eat much. Hopefully that changes fast. I went through the same with the copperband for the first three days.

The tank is doing well. The pink millepora colony stopped receding and all the frags taken from it have healed well. 

Trading all the sps you see in the front for some other frags this week! 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Zer0 said:

The colors of your coral are insane. I love this tank. A real inspiration!

Thank you so much. Admittedly I use an orange filter for some of these shots but the colours do pop in person as well. Just not as bright 

• Like 3

A peek at the sump and tank together. Oh also the baby Lemonpeel is 100% nipping at coral, leptastrea specifically. He may need to go... that was the risk. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Oh also the baby Lemonpeel is 100% nipping at coral, leptastrea specifically.

Like you said it is a known risk. Has to be why more people don't have them because they are so pretty. Is there any info that they can be trained not to?

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Like you said it is a known risk. Has to be why more people don't have them because they are so pretty. Is there any info that they can be trained not to?

Yep it’s a well known risk. I had one previously, a full grown adult that didn’t munch on coral. Probably the only reason I attempted another. I’ll have a look around and see if there’s any info and get back to you. I’m going to keep it a while longer and try some different foods. I think if I can keep it fat and well fed it may not nip as much. Hopefully haha 

• Like 3
On 3/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, Sharbuckle said:

A peek at the sump and tank together. Oh also the baby Lemonpeel is 100% nipping at coral, leptastrea specifically. He may need to go... that was the risk. 

Amazing! Thanks for pointing me to the right thread. 🤗

• Like 1

Borrowed a two bulb t5 unit from a friend to put over the 40 gallon fuge so I could get the frags out of my display. Tank looks the way I want it again. Woohoo 

910FC345-03E6-457C-ADAF-AE6DDCBF299C.jpeg

78067F61-8E5D-4FB7-8288-7F5360C01347.jpeg

• Like 3

Took the top off, turned off the flow, turned only blues on, slapped on an orange filter. Enjoy some top down shots.

CBCDF3C4-DF96-43BE-B2EE-66AE1005B3E6.jpeg

24BA8F7B-8005-4CA4-B579-C03AA40A8635.jpeg

92D1287D-75AA-4280-B276-8597D3985F17.jpeg

E5CEBA94-A3E0-4CA2-A6F0-145D87AF9A20.jpeg

54D2DFE5-C1BE-4D82-B334-59AE7F7384FA.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 2

New lights incoming. Two g5 radion XR15’s to replace my current lighting setup. I like the spread and growth of t5 but i want the lighting to look cleaner. Excited to swap out and see how they perform. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Mimic tang not doing well. Extremely skinny. I think it may be internal parasites or mouth flukes. Will attempt to catch for a freshwater dip to see if it’s flukes. 

• Sad 2