inTank Media Baskets

Incoming

cosmicbread

Hi hi, I'm Heather, 30 from the middle of nowhere. I have a few years of experience in planted freshwater but consider myself brand new to marine tanks. I kept a pico saltwater "pest" 2 gallon jar for about a year before rehoming her (Aiptaisia mostly, some macro, cute crab, and donated palys and zoas), and have been without a SW setup since -- although I do have a 50g planted freshie at the moment. Most of the inhabitants have been with me for several years and are enjoying the upgrade from a 30g. I also take care of two juvenile koi in a 100g stock tank in our guest room as they await their new pond installation. 

I've always been fascinated by aquatic life -- especially the microcosm of little stuff -- and would keep bowls of pond scum and snails as pets as a child. I just started a journal in this forum for a 12g long muddy coastal recreation. Not a biotope, but am a huge fan of those. I have a 5g sitting around and am so tempted to have another marine pest tank. My LFS has some beautiful green majanos...very tempting...

Anyway. Other tidbits about me: I'm a musician and am about two years away from finishing graduate school in a mixed humanities and sciences field. I consider myself an amateur mushroom hunter. Thanks for maintaining such a great gathering place here, I've been lurking on nano-reef since my early college days! 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, cosmicbread said:

I've always been fascinated by aquatic life -- especially the microcosm of little stuff -- and would keep bowls of pond scum and snails as pets as a child.

Welcome!  You’re making me want to buy a piece of live rock from several different LFS just to see what kinds of hitchhikers I can get for free.  A miniature royal rumble... may the best bristleworm win.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Seadragon said:

Welcome!  You’re making me want to buy a piece of live rock from several different LFS just to see what kinds of hitchhikers I can get for free.  A miniature royal rumble... may the best bristleworm win.

Haha. My thoughts exactly 😉 I'm ordering live rock specifically from Tampa Bay for this very reason. I can't wait to see what develops from it.

• Like 2