SaltCritters.com

Poll: Change Scape or Leave As Is

Poodges

Change Scape or Leave As Is  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Frag the center rock or just leave my scape alone?

• Frag the center rock to emphasize the arch; fill in rest of scape with frags from center rock.
    • Leave it alone! I like it as is.

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm trying to decide whether or not to mix up my aquascape.  The lower center rock is loaded with nice zoas that I can frag and incorporate in other areas.  This would also create a more open scape which emphasizes the arch and gives me more open sand for other corals or just swimming space.  My scape is fine now, but I'm tinkering with the idea.  Your input is appreciated!

Option 1: Relocate/Frag center rock

1850801993_option1arch.thumb.jpg.1d59ffe6db77bfc110a9ba46bd649ee6.jpg

Option 2: Leave it as is

514319661_option2asis.thumb.jpg.07b8e4bf915b3483b1a14937208a4d78.jpg

• Like 3

Oh man... it looks great as it is, but as long as you could incorporate those zoas on the center rock somewhere on the sides or along the edges of the middle, I'm thinking this could end up being a pretty cool rescape! I'm imagining that big open sand area in front of the center arch with a couple of sweet plate corals or other sand dwellers (maybe tube anemones?) on it... 👌  My vote goes to rescaping!

I agree, Option 1 looks AMAZING.  I'm actually thinking about doing something similar in my next build.  I have a new found love for "less is more".  I sort of love the look of open space... compared to too many rocks crowding a tank if you know what I mean.  Gotta find that "sweet spot".

Instead of breaking down the center rock is there space for it on the left where we cannot see?  This way you can determine if there are any unintended consequences.  Your other corals may not like the change in flow. 

Interesting question.  Probably not enough space without at least a little fragging.  I had thought about that though.  Don’t think there will be any major issues with flow as I have an mp10 on each side of the tank and most corals are getting a medium-strong random flow already. 

I mean to anyone who hasnt seen your tank before will (itl ooks great to me).

Myself i get bored of my scapes every year or less and i alwsys redo the tank even if it means breaking corals or cutting up plants in fresh water

If that were mine id seperate the rocks.  Turn the right or left side into a mountain and make the mid to back empty and onky have 1 or 2 rocks on the left side. With 1 really small rock in the middle front.. if that makes sense ?   Basically make one side big one side smaller and a little island in the middle front.

3 hours ago, Poodges said:

Thanks for everyone's input.  Made it happen and snapped a good pic:

2.thumb.JPG.b9d90e943def437daa09624cbf48b8ef.JPG

Simply beautiful.  Although many believe the Roman arch is the ancestor of modern architecture, few actually know that they stole it from ancient Shrimpy architecture that existed millions of years before under the sea.