Top Shelf Aquatics

Can i have a starfish

embl05

50 minutes ago, jambon said:

What about them tiny brittle stars? They clean up a lot of scrap and are kinda cute looking.

You can have the little mini brittles and asterina starfish. Some people hate asternia's as some types eat zoas but I like them and mine only munch algae and I think they look interesting. The mini brittles are beneficial. 

Stay away from typical bigger stars like linkia stars. They starve. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

You can have the little mini brittles and asterina starfish. Some people hate asternia's as some types eat zoas but I like them and mine only munch algae and I think they look interesting. The mini brittles are beneficial. 

Stay away from typical bigger stars like linkia stars. They starve. 

Asterina's are so cute. I've never had the bad ones so I keep them

• Like 3
7 hours ago, embl05 said:

Hello!

So i have a 15g and want a starfish, can i have one?

My azul damsel always sleeps in a litel cave. will the starfish catch the fish and/or disturb?

Best regards Emil!

Yes embl05 you can have a starfish just get something small. They can come in with good live rock or hit up a fellow hobbyist for some. 

1 hour ago, jambon said:

Yes embl05 you can have a starfish just get something small. They can come in with good live rock or hit up a fellow hobbyist for some. 

I was thinking of a small bristlle star, and feed it regular just to make sure it doesn't starve.

I have a cleaner shrimp, is that problematic?

1 hour ago, embl05 said:

I was thinking of a small bristlle star, and feed it regular just to make sure it doesn't starve.

I have a cleaner shrimp, is that problematic?

Avoid the green ones...they can hunt fish and such.

Brittle stars grow pretty big besides the mini kind so I would assume they have a good size bioload as adults. 

35 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Avoid the green ones...they can hunt fish and such.

Brittle stars grow pretty big besides the mini kind so I would assume they have a good size bioload as adults. 

Might get a small one then, my friend has a 220gallon tank that he can move to when he's to big.

Best regards Emil!