Coral Vue Hydros

Widowed Midnight Clown

PJPS

Hi everyone,

I had a mated  pair of midnight clowns, and today, Stedman (the male) jumped into the back of the 16 gallon Biocube.  Being unable to swim against the pull of the pump for a couple of hours straight, he expired, so now Oprah is in there all alone.  There's also a well fed orange spot goby in there.  It's very well filtered (3Kg biohome in a canister, 13 lbs life rock, dosed with bacteria during weekly WC, plenty of mechanical),  fully cycled, 1 inch SB. I was curious what my next fish should be.  Thanks in Advance!

PJ

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 7:33 PM, PJPS said:

Hi everyone,

I had a mated  pair of midnight clowns, and today, Stedman (the male) jumped into the back of the 16 gallon Biocube.  Being unable to swim against the pull of the pump for a couple of hours straight, he expired, so now Oprah is in there all alone.  There's also a well fed orange spot goby in there.  It's very well filtered (3Kg biohome in a canister, 13 lbs life rock, dosed with bacteria during weekly WC, plenty of mechanical),  fully cycled, 1 inch SB. I was curious what my next fish should be.  Thanks in Advance!

PJ

Personally, now that Oprah is all alone, I'd probably add another midnight clown named Gayle to the tank.  I'd also get a tight-fitting glass or mesh lid to keep the fish from jumping (or something to prevent the fish from getting to the back).  Another idea is to get a Tailspot Blenny named Ellen. 🙂

• Like 1