ReefCleaners.org

Reef Roids- claws up from my crew

Tired

I just got some reef roids, and pipetted a pinch of it into my tank. Just about everything in here seems to love it. I've got pods and worms coming out of everywhere, my super-skittish feather duster stayed out for awhile to pick some up, and my RFAs are squishing into some very interesting shapes in response to having it put on them. I got mixed response from my zoas and palys, but some of them did seem to appreciate it, and the others will benefit from the amino acids regardless. 

I actually saw a bristleworm try to crawl across one RFA. It reconsidered pretty quick, but didn't seem like it had been hurt or stung- it just retreated, not overly fast. I've also seen amphipods crawl on these with impunity. They really don't have a sting on 'em, do they? 

My micro decorator was all for this, too. I put the pipette near him out of curiosity, and he immediately grabbed for the end and started trying to eat what he could. He can't grab the tiny particles, but I sprayed some on the rock near him, so I think he got some mixed with algae. I'll have to get something large enough for him to eat more easily, maybe some mysis. He's also decided to plant one zoa polyp smack on his forehead, which the zoa doesn't seem to mind. That's a VERY small zoa, he's got a standard pipette tip there. 

image0.png?width=355&height=631image1.png?width=355&height=631

• Like 2