Top Shelf Aquatics

Mini Tide mounting options

second_decimal

second_decimal

Hi.. Are there some options for mounting my Nanobox Mini Tide? I have the arm but the mounting arm clamp takes up precious real estate in the AIO area where my skimmer would go. I am hoping for some thin arms that attach to the right and left back of the tank and allow for hanging the fixture? Any guidance would be appreciated. I shouldn’t have to choose between my skimmer and my light haha. 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, smirkis said:

If your tank is near a wall get creative and make a bracket that you attach to the wall, then attach the light to the bracket. 

Yep it works good. I really like how @GraniteReefer mounted his kessils.. maybe he has a photo. 

I do like hanging bc the light gets in the way during maintenance.  It's nice to be able to swing it out of the way

second_decimal

When I searched, I came across threads from 2015 with people discussing the same topic. No real progress was apparently made. Recently, various attempts at communicating with @nanobox have gone unanswered. Indeed even the sponsor message board seems untended. I would make the suggestion of designing a modular interface so the body has a machined area in the back to attach various arm connections so people can choose the design/brand/look of their liking. 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:49 AM, second_decimal said:

When I searched, I came across threads from 2015 with people discussing the same topic. No real progress was apparently made. Recently, various attempts at communicating with @nanobox have gone unanswered. Indeed even the sponsor message board seems untended. I would make the suggestion of designing a modular interface so the body has a machined area in the back to attach various arm connections so people can choose the design/brand/look of their liking. 

9 hours ago, zachjohnson65 said:

Your not the only one not getting any communication back from nanobox.  What the heck.  

If you both have been trying to reach @DaveFason, you need to pm him at that username, NOT @nanobox. I don’t even think that the latter is even related. 

• Like 1