Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Non-Aquarium stuff to make life easier.

DSA65PRO

This is some of the non-Aquarium stuff I like. Starting at Invisible Glass, Medical drip for adding RO/DI Water, Philips Avent Bottle Brush, Liter/Quart Triangle Measure, empty Cascade Countainer, for soaking square pump foam socks. Dawn Dish Detergent, yes it rinses completely clean. Weld-on Thin Acrylic Solvent and Applicator bottle, for fabricating Acrylic and repairs. Wire ties and orange clinching tool. Gardidenia Chemical resistant valve, 1/4" Coral spot feeder, and Unused rescued detergent Cup, for mixing. Blue Hose to Bucket Clip. CPAP SS cleaning spring and Stainless steel tube brushes. GFI, Neutral and ground tester. Fashio Plastic Razor blades and holder. Graduated Cylinder, True Metric measuring spoons. Paint Markers to mark measure vessels. Cord/Plug tags. Hobby Paint cups, to pre-measure food, when I need to trust someone else to feed my fish. Forgot Amaz Glass Cleaner and Scrub Pad to rescue old Aquariums and Glass Tops, BTW Throughly clean-up with Dawn, followed by Vinegar. 

IMG_0660.JPG

• Like 2

I use new blue kitchen sponges to clean my aquarium glass. 

I use side cutter pliers for hard coral to snip of frags. And a pair of scissors of cut mushrooms

Old applesauce cups to thaw my frozen food.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on any Glass. My Daughter used one on a Tempered Shower Panel, scratched it up so bad, I was afraid it would fail. Ended up getting it replaced. When the glass guys went to put it in the truck bed, it shattered into hundreds of pieces. Those Sponges are now banned in my house. 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 5:26 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Melamine sponges (aka Mr Clean Magic Eraser) to clean the glass of my pico reef. I cut them into thin slices with regular scissors and sandwich them between my magnet cleaners.

They make Mr Clean Sheets now.

(Interestingly the Target branded Mr Clean sponges carry a specific anti-aquarium warning.  Also "Made in Germany" so prolly the same maker/same product.)

On 12/2/2019 at 11:55 AM, DSA65PRO said:

I wouldn’t use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on any Glass. My Daughter used one on a Tempered Shower Panel, scratched it up so bad, I was afraid it would fail. Ended up getting it replaced. When the glass guys went to put it in the truck bed, it shattered into hundreds of pieces. Those Sponges are now banned in my house. 

You sure that it was glass? 

It's not like these could cut anything -- they aren't sanding pads, they're polishing pads -- akin to Bartender's Friend (which I like a lot).  I can use Mr Clean pads on mirror-finish stainless steel without issues, for example.   I would probably expect swirl marks on acrylic though.   (Everything scratches acrylic.)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/1/2019 at 10:37 AM, DSA65PRO said:

This is some of the non-Aquarium stuff I like. Starting at Invisible Glass, Medical drip for adding RO/DI Water, Philips Avent Bottle Brush, Liter/Quart Triangle Measure, empty Cascade Countainer, for soaking square pump foam socks. Dawn Dish Detergent, yes it rinses completely clean. Weld-on Thin Acrylic Solvent and Applicator bottle, for fabricating Acrylic and repairs. Wire ties and orange clinching tool. Gardidenia Chemical resistant valve, 1/4" Coral spot feeder, and Unused rescued detergent Cup, for mixing. Blue Hose to Bucket Clip. CPAP SS cleaning spring and Stainless steel tube brushes. GFI, Neutral and ground tester. Fashio Plastic Razor blades and holder. Graduated Cylinder, True Metric measuring spoons. Paint Markers to mark measure vessels. Cord/Plug tags. Hobby Paint cups, to pre-measure food, when I need to trust someone else to feed my fish. Forgot Amaz Glass Cleaner and Scrub Pad to rescue old Aquariums and Glass Tops, BTW Throughly clean-up with Dawn, followed by Vinegar. 

IMG_0660.JPG

Is this a meth set? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have also been using magic eraser pads for a long time. Both by hand and between TLF magnet glass cleaner. The Velcro like texture on the inside magnet is perfect for grabbing a hold of the, cut to size, eraser piece. 

• Like 1

I have been using magic eraser pads on my acrylic aquarium for many years now and not a scratch from it. I scrub pretty hard too.

I can't imagine the original ones damaging glass if it can't even scratch acrylic.

• Like 1

Funny that the store-brand magic erasers always carry a DO NOT USE ON AQUARIUMS! warning.  But brand name ones (mr clean) do not.

As for the warning, I gotta think there's something to the melamine fragments or perhaps whatever it is they use as a binder that they're worried about.

• 2 months later...

Oh man, your stuff is very serious I think. Your equipment is very good and various. I also have a big aquarium at home but I'm cleaning it with usual kitchen sponge with a special solution which I bought from the pet shop. Be careful with the chemical solution which you are using for cleaning because they can be toxic for fishes. At my aquarium, for better filtration, I've added a bobbit worm because that is a very good natural water filter.