ReefCleaners.org

Is this too much sand for the fluval Evo 13.5?

Asian Hurricane

Asian Hurricane

Hi all,

I just started this hobby and I am wondering if I put too much sand into my tank? It said I should add about 1 inch and it's approx between 1-1.3 inches at times. I wanted to know everyone's opinion, should I remove some sand? Thanks!

20191130_082806.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Asian Hurricane said:

Hi all,

I just started this hobby and I am wondering if I put too much sand into my tank? It said I should add about 1 inch and it's approx between 1-1.3 inches at times. I wanted to know everyone's opinion, should I remove some sand? Thanks!

20191130_082806.jpg

I don’t think it’s too much sand, I had about the same when I first started my tank (Evo V) and about two years later I have almost no sand in some parts of my tank from siphoning and cleaning. I would just make sure once you add a clean up crew you get ones that will stir up the sand bed plenty i.e. nassarius snails. Crabs and snails stirring it up should help reduce Cyanobacteria build up on the surface and gas build up in the deep parts of the sand bed 

• Like 2