Cultivated Reef

I gave my dad some GSP and a 10 gallon tank and a year later...

ninjamyst

I gave my dad a 10 gallon tank, some live rocks, and a TINY frag of GSP a year or so ago.  I told him be careful with the GSP.  This is what happened...

I am actually pretty impressed with what he done on super low budget.  And yes I yelled at him for overstocking fish.  He's going to rehome some of them to my aunt who has a 120.  

IMG_20191128_182425-01.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
4 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Very pretty! Maybe just re-home the cinnamon/tomato clown? Since it will get large and then possibly kill its roomates. 

yup.  that's what i told him.  the tomato will definitely kill the other clown in there.

6 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

yup.  that's what i told him.  the tomato will definitely kill the other clown in there.

Little murder minnows.... just pretending to be cute and innocent until they get big enough to take down their enemies...

pTNerOHZIYm8wKfsNULhL07GVy8x9aQ8ssj_ydqW

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Seadragon said:

That is probably one of the best looking GSP tanks that I've seen in awhile.  Reminds me of a well manicured lawn under the sea.

I get a hedges vibe from it also. Looks great. 

6 minutes ago, Tired said:

What fish is that under the powerhead on the right? I can't tell with the way it's posed.

The tank is beautiful. It looks like a moss garden.

If im looking at the right fish, looks like a cardinal fish. 

Ah, I see how he is now! That was my best guess, but I just now spotted the top half of his tail. 

Yeah, too many fish. The tomato clown is definitely too much. Two smaller clowns, a goby, and a cardinal is probably a bit too much. Take out the cardinal also, and it should be okay. I"m assuming by the state of the corals that he's keeping up on water changes.

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, j.falk said:

@ninjamyst - The gsp you sold me last year has completely taken over one half of my 20 gallon tall tank.  I can't believe how fast it grew!  I love it!

Awesome!!  I am constantly fighting mine from taking over my tank.  It started creeping up.the side of the tank a few months ago and had now almost reached the top.  This is a 75 gallon tank ...hahah