Cultivated Reef

Help with my anemone he is happy then gets like this

Jaime casanova

• 2 months later...

Mine shrinks up every day at about 8-9 pm for 30mins or so while he takes a shit. 

To elaborate, they “deflate” and shrivel up when they expel waste. Might just be that.

• Haha 2

Mine is a condy anemone and itll shrink many times a day.  Usually at night and morning itll be the size of a quarter.. then by about afternoon its the size of my hand. 

2 hours ago, Candymancan said:

Mine is a condy anemone and itll shrink many times a day.  Usually at night and morning itll be the size of a quarter.. then by about afternoon its the size of my hand. 

What's your lighting and water parameters (numbers please)? 

I just use regular T5 high outputs with individual reflectors. 4 bulbs on a 135g thats 24 1.2 inch tall.  My lights are 8 inches above the water line.   The anemone just hangs out more on the bottom rocks but hes been on top.     Bulbs are 2 ati blue plus two ati coral plus

Water params.. i dont bother testing phosphates but last i did they are around .25ppm. Nitrates vary around 20-40.  Magnesium i try to keep at least at 1300. Calcium 420-440 and alk around 9.  Temps maybe 80-82f

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 6:58 PM, Candymancan said:

T5 high outputs with individual reflectors. 4 bulbs on a 135g thats 24 1.2 inch tall.  My lights are 8 inches above the water line.

That's fairly small amount of light on a fairly tall tank...and they are mounted fairly high up...so more light (or lowering the fixture) is one thing to consider.

Condy's are Caribbean so those temperatures might be a bit much for it.....can you bring the tank down to 78-79?