Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Furniture Grade PVC.

Proxo

Hello 🙂

I'm soon (been saying that for a while) to be hard plumbing my tank, has anybody used furniture grade PVC?
I'm in the uk and i can't for the life of me find coloured 😄 only light grey like a 90s super nintendo after years of smoke stains or white with that beautiful red writing down the side.

• Haha 2

It might be more of a risk, as it wouldn't have to meet standards for holding pressure or for drinking water safety.  But IDK, it might be safe. :unsure:

I know that people have used Krylon Fusion spray paint (which comes in various colors) to help disguise the pipes.

• Like 4

True true, i'd have to get in touch with the company and find out!
Well it's early days yet so somebody might pop in that's tried it and can give some feedback 😄

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Furniture grade PVC Pipe has been used for aquariums for many many years now. It’s safe to use and is still pure PVC plastic, however furniture grade PVC is not rated for high pressure plumbing applications. Aquarium plumbing is not a high pressure situation though, so there’s nothing to worry about. It will glue together all the same, no special care needed. @Proxo 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Also I know @TJ_Burton has a lot of experience plumbing sumps with colored PVC pipe, I think he used orange and purple on his last tank build. 

Yep!

I got mine from BRS but also used standard schedule 80 unions, valves, etc.

🙂

• Like 1