Coral Vue Hydros

Neon Orange Fungia FS or trade in LA Area.

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Neon orange Fungia for sale or trade cheap.  Originally purchased at LAX Aquarium. ~2" in diameter.  Partially bleached.  For whatever reason this coral has just not done well in my tank despite my best efforts.  Not really sure why, just doesn't seem to love my water chemistry. 

Asking $45 or trade for a frag or two.  Just hoping this guy can get to a better home.  

Not willing to ship.  Pick up or meet in LA area.

Feel free to reply on here or text at 6082013305 

20191115_175125.jpg

20191115_175137.jpg

I've got nowhere to put it, but are you sure it's bleached and not stung? I don't know the differences between the blasto-shaped LPS, but I know some of them have long tentacles for warfare, and I would strongly advise checking if one of them is up to it. Either cage the fungia off so tentacles get in, move it, or sneak up on them at night to check for stinging. 

• Like 2
Capt_Rick_Dixie

I'm positive it's starting to go.  It hasn't come into contact with any other corals, even at night.  Those guys near it are Acans and they don't have any real noteworthy tentacles. 

Is that not a trumpet on the side where the flesh is removed?

That looks either like the flesh is being ripped from too high of flow or from sweepers.

• Like 1
Capt_Rick_Dixie
21 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Is that not a trumpet on the side where the flesh is removed?

That looks either like the flesh is being ripped from too high of flow or from sweepers.

It is a little trumpet but it's actually pretty far away from it.  Plus with the way the current is set in the tank sweepers wouldn't be able to reach it.  Flow is pretty low in here but I've been moving it every few weeks to try and find a spot it likes.  No luck.  

2 hours ago, Capt_Rick_Dixie said:

It is a little trumpet but it's actually pretty far away from it.  Plus with the way the current is set in the tank sweepers wouldn't be able to reach it.  Flow is pretty low in here but I've been moving it every few weeks to try and find a spot it likes.  No luck.  

Moving it too often can be an issue.

My trumpet has 3+ inch sweepers, it destroyed a coral that wasn't very close.

• Like 1
Capt_Rick_Dixie
6 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Ah dammit, always on the otherside of the bloody world. Would have snapped your hand off 

How long has it been in the tank and have you target fed it?

I feel like that's always the case lol.  I've had it for about 2 or 3 months.  When I first had it it was doing really well for about a week or two.  Eating mysis and krill pieces.  It started to decline with no change in lighting, flow, detectable water chemistry, or new tank mates/corals.  It's the strangest thing.   

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Capt_Rick_Dixie said:

I feel like that's always the case lol.  I've had it for about 2 or 3 months.  When I first had it it was doing really well for about a week or two.  Eating mysis and krill pieces.  It started to decline with no change in lighting, flow, detectable water chemistry, or new tank mates/corals.  It's the strangest thing.   

This is my second orange fungia.

The first one never expanded much and started going downhill.

This one I have had since the size of a dime. It was always happy(a yr +) until a few months ago. It stopped expanding fully and flesh was getting removed(just like yours) for the first time in a year, it moved from its spot.

Turned out to be the flow. It simply wasn't happy because as it grew the flow was hitting it differently. I changed my flow around that area and within days it started bouncing back. 

20190528_163436.jpg

• Like 4
Capt_Rick_Dixie
2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

This is my second orange fungia.

The first one never expanded much and started going downhill.

This one I have had since the size of a dime. It was always happy(a yr +) until a few months ago. It stopped expanding fully and flesh was getting removed(just like yours) for the first time in a year, it moved from its spot.

Turned out to be the flow. It simply wasn't happy because as it grew the flow was hitting it differently. I changed my flow around that area and within days it started bouncing back. 

20190528_163436.jpg

I've changed flow for it several times and gave it at least a week in each spot.

My options are fairly limited but I guess I'll move it again.  

I really do appreciate the advice.  By this point I've exhausted about every option I have.  

• Recommended Discussions