inTank Media Baskets

Seachem 2 part dilution?

Psilopsych

My system 10g cube is about 6g total water volume and I am losing 1dkh a day. I am manually dosing 1.8ml of Seachem fusion 2 to bring me back up to 8. I have to dose twice a day and I’m worried about big swings.  I would like to spread this dose out to about 4 times a day by using a dosing-pump. I picked up a Jebao and I understand that it only doses 1ml increments. So here is the question. Can I dilute my 2part with RODI so that I can spread out the dosing and maintain my parameters better? Ie 1:10 ratio of 2part and RODI there by dosing 18 ml diluted solution a day. Would the dilution be as effective? I’m sure there is someone here that has a solution to this problem. Thanks

5 hours ago, Psilopsych said:

Can I dilute my 2part with RODI so that I can spread out the dosing and maintain my parameters better?

Sure.

Are you dosing calcium (and magnesium) too?  You won't want to dose calcium and alkalinity at the same time.  By not diluting as much, you should be able to find the time to stagger dosing both solutions.

4 hours ago, seabass said:

Sure.

Are you dosing calcium (and magnesium) too?  You won't want to dose calcium and alkalinity at the same time.  By not diluting as much, you should be able to find the time to stagger dosing both solutions.

I’m dosing both calcium and alk. But from what I understand there is mag and strontium in the fusion 2 part.  Thanks for the reply.