Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gas Exchange in All in One Tanks

Bells>Waimea

Hi guys.  Finally got my new lights and not a big fan of the constant, turbulent flickering from the surface agitation. Was kind of giving me a headache.  So I moved my power head down a bit and it's nice and dialed in.  However, I now have less surface agitation.  Slightly concerned about gas exchange.   Don't run a skimmer on this 20g. 

But I was wondering if the back chamber overflows are enough agitation to be sufficient. 

Think the water flowing from the over flows to is enough surface agitation to get the job done?  

TIA

To my knowledge there is not a lot of hard-and-fast data regarding gas exchange rates in home aquaria, but I would say that as long as there is more than absolutely zero surface agitation in your display, you're probably going to be fine. I'd keep an eye on things and look out for any changes for the worse in your livestock. If none appear, then there's more than likely nothing to worry about. 👌

• Like 1