ReefCleaners.org

Reefwise in Lisle, IL

kimberbee

TLDR: Disappointed and won't be going back anytime soon. 😕

Reefwise used to be my go-to for coral about 4/5 years ago when I lived nearby. I moved quite a distance away and hadn't had a chance to go back till this morning. 

There were very few fish and very few coral - more than half their holding tanks were empty. I had gone specifically because they used to have really great priced euphyllia frags. There wasn't a single one there. 

I had heard they had a remodel, but that was about a year ago from my understanding. It almost seemed like the remodel was way more recent - and had it been, I would probably plan to go back in a few months. None of the few corals were labeled with prices, and only half of the fish were priced. Unless it's hidden away somewhere, they don't sell any equipment, or other supplies. 

They don't have online sales that I could find, so I have no idea what they are even selling to be in business at this point. 

Would love for someone to chime in and tell me I'm way off though... 

I’ve been there once probably 5-6 months ago and I wasn’t impressed either. The guy there said they sell online maybe Facebook but I haven’t checked it out. 

My preferred LFS is Blue Line Coral in Naperville, IL. They have a decent coral selection and appear to be expanding their fish section. The corals are also not priced but the guy there is helpful.

1 hour ago, Gravity said:

I’ve been there once probably 5-6 months ago and I wasn’t impressed either. The guy there said they sell online maybe Facebook but I haven’t checked it out. 

My preferred LFS is Blue Line Coral in Naperville, IL. They have a decent coral selection and appear to be expanding their fish section. The corals are also not priced but the guy there is helpful.

There's barely any activity on their Facebook page and their website doesn't have anything listed at the moment. I checked there before taking the drive over.

I actually live in Indiana now, but my mom lives close to Lisle and I'm there once every few months. Naperville is unfortunately even further out of the way.

They used to be great; huge mother colonies of nice acropora. I haven't been there recently though. Last time I went a year ago, they were undergoing the remodel. Shame to hear that it's still an ongoing process. 

• Like 1

If I'm ever in the South burbs I hit Aquatica. On the north side there are some great options, Xzotic is my weekly go to, Reef Geeks and Wojtek Reefs for corals are good up here. 

• Like 1