Cultivated Reef

Golden Dwarf Moray Eel tank

EELS!

Mandarin dragonets are one fish. And I strongly suspect one or both of those predators would eat them, since dragonets are slow little things. They do look to have "don't eat me, I'm toxic" markings, but one testing nip would be all it would take to kill your mandarin.

The eel and the lionfish, assuming neither is small enough to look like a snack to the other, should be okay.

• Like 3
On 11/10/2019 at 11:41 AM, jambon said:

I would put the eel and lionfish together... the others may become lunch for the lionfish... 

thanks! 

On 11/11/2019 at 7:06 AM, William said:

If you had a large adult mandarin you would probably be ok with the EEL, I would still

avoid the lionfish 

thanks!

On 11/10/2019 at 10:39 PM, Tired said:

Mandarin dragonets are one fish. And I strongly suspect one or both of those predators would eat them, since dragonets are slow little things. They do look to have "don't eat me, I'm toxic" markings, but one testing nip would be all it would take to kill your mandarin.

The eel and the lionfish, assuming neither is small enough to look like a snack to the other, should be okay.

I appreciate it!

Yes. Things that won't attack the lionfish's fins, but are too big for either to eat. I think foxfish are a popular choice. Larger damsels could work if you get them as adults. Maybe an adult maroon clown depending on tank size.

Lionfish have very big mouths. You're going to want its tankmates to be about as big as the lionfish is at any given time, so it won't think it might be able to eat them.