ReefCleaners.org

DNR88's Dennerle 8 gallon | The Dennerle is dead, long live the Dennerle!

DNR88

New topic!

Last FTS 2019-12-07:

IMGP7601.thumb.JPG.3706f29cb212507998b89698d2ad5982.JPG

Hello there,

Here's a new episode of my (hopefully) never ending reefing adventure and this time the starring role is for Dennerle.

I bought myself an 30 liter (8 gallon) Dennerle Nano cube and a Dennerle Reef light,  together with about 9 pounds live rock and a Sicce Voyager Nano 1000.

Some pictures of the build.

IMGP7492.thumb.JPG.b874cc666e3f99c7e880e1bed8a19abf.JPG

IMGP7498.thumb.JPG.ec22e90280cc062956efedf3e85c07c2.JPG

IMGP7500.thumb.JPG.d463ab6f52fa36c49767751f8c6c1cc3.JPG

IMGP7502.thumb.JPG.66bae6998f3266fcf59d68e4e08000f8.JPG

IMGP7508.thumb.JPG.130166285af162b17819f314a04068ce.JPG

I will keep you updated! 🙂

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

Hello there,

Here's a new episode of my (hopefully) never ending reefing adventure and this time the starring role is for Dennerle.

I bought myself an 30 liter (8 gallon) Dennerle Nano cube and a Dennerle Reef light,  together with about 9 pounds live rock and a Sicce Voyager Nano 1000.

Some pictures of the build.

IMGP7492.thumb.JPG.b874cc666e3f99c7e880e1bed8a19abf.JPG

IMGP7498.thumb.JPG.ec22e90280cc062956efedf3e85c07c2.JPG

IMGP7500.thumb.JPG.d463ab6f52fa36c49767751f8c6c1cc3.JPG

IMGP7502.thumb.JPG.66bae6998f3266fcf59d68e4e08000f8.JPG

IMGP7508.thumb.JPG.130166285af162b17819f314a04068ce.JPG

I will keep you updated! 🙂

Looks good. 😊 what you gonna put in there?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks good. 😊 what you gonna put in there?

Thank you! My favorite fish is the wetmorella possum wrasse and I hope to put a pair of it in this tank. As to corals, I didn't think of that yet, but I have some weeks coming to figure it out. 🙂

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Is that brand European? Never heard the name before, but it is a nice compact look, especially how you put your rocks together in it!

It's a German brand, but they sell a lot of stuff in the Netherlands as well. I think it's a very neat tank m, good building quality and nice dimensions.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

Thank you! My favorite fish is the wetmorella possum wrasse and I hope to put a pair of it in this tank

They are such cool fish. Can’t wait to see what else you put in there. 

35 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Where did you find a thermometer that tiny? Adorable

It´s also from Dennerle, as well as the scraper, which scrapes in the round corners! 😎

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dennerle thermometer"

Dennerle really 'rocks' with nano-tanks!

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

It´s also from Dennerle, as well as the scraper, which scrapes in the round corners! 😎

Dennerle really 'rocks' with nano-tanks!

I did consider ordering one from Pro Shrimp UK, went cheap as I possibly could instead. 

47 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Dennerle are known for outstanding quality, I wanted one of their larger lagoon-style tanks but they're impossible to find stateside.

Yes, very nice quality. I think you mean the Dennerle 55 liter (or 12 gallon) Scraper's tank. Very interesting dimensions, also considered that one. I could send you one..! 😅

What is it with us and those small tanks..? Since I got this one, I'm not bothering the bigger 31 gallon tank at all..! 😌

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

Yes, very nice quality. I think you mean the Dennerle 55 liter (or 12 gallon) Scraper's tank. Very interesting dimensions, also considered that one. I could send you one..! 😅

What is it with us and those small tanks..? Since I got this one, I'm not bothering the bigger 31 gallon tank at all..! 😌

I know what you mean, I miss my Pico at work. But if I started it I'd ignore the 34.

The 55 is a nice tank I love the Cube as well so that 60L they do does look pretty sexy

I think I've managed to create a scape which should last longer than a day and where I could start to build on my corals.

IMGP7526.thumb.JPG.6cccef8c593f4809a9fa3061382468a2.JPG

IMGP7527.thumb.JPG.1e7f4127b497a7487afb4ff01095c676.JPG

Tomorrow I hope to begin with adding corals, starting with zoa's and some 'regular' Discosoma's I think. 😏

My lfs does have a pretty good collection of zoa's at the moment, so that's probably going to be quite challenging to choose from and not spending a fortune... 

They have in store at the moment:

Purple pany 
Alian antivenom 
Purple deaths 
Red deaths 
Maimi vice 
Desert storm 
Sunny d 
Tyree orange rainbow 
5 colors rainbow
Citrus cooler 
Deangelos 
Sonic flare 
Palyptoa grandis 
Nuclear death
Vampire slayer 
Petroglyph 
Golden maul 
Mega rainbow 
Utter chaos 
Keds reds
Lord of the rings 
Vampire people eaters 
Granny apples smith 
Blue panama 
Tutti frutti 
Fruitloops 
Blue hornet 
Rasta
Johny pumpkin 
Bambam mini 

Any recommendation on fast and easy growers? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

I have the same tank in the 16G version.

I got the same light in the 36w version with the kit the tank came with. Then I got another one, because I thought one wouldn't be enough.

I hate to be a downer like this. but I must say I really hate the light (36w version).

I measured the PAR with a seneye reef.

At the bottom of the tank, 16 inches deep, the PAR was between 35 and 42. With two of those lights - 72w of power!

Maybe my rockwork was too high and produced some shadowing. but I measured all over the tank.

At the very top of the tank, the PAR was about 150.

That finally explained why the Euphyllias placed on the sandbed weren't growing, and the candy canes barely grew.

I changed the light with an IT2040. Now they grow.

I'm gonna use one of the 36w lights as a refugium light on the 50G I'm building (pictured).

IMG_20191114_202705.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
13 minutes ago, Muffin87 said:

I got the same light in the 36w version with the kit the tank came with. Then I got another one, because I thought one wouldn't be enough.

I hate to be a downer like this. but I must say I really hate the light (36w version).

At the bottom of the tank, 16 inches deep, the PAR was between 35 and 42. With two of those lights - 72w of power!

Maybe my rockwork was too high and produced some shadowing. but I measured all over the tank.

That finally explained why the Euphyllias placed on the sandbed weren't growing, and the candy canes barely grew.

I'm gonna use one of the 36w lights as a refugium light on the 50G I'm building (pictured).

IMG_20191114_202705.jpg

Their tanks are great, I had no idea their lights were so awful, what a bummer. But I never really buy kits or AIO's to begin with, always better going with a well-known light or pump instead of whatever companies try to bundle together for the lowest-dollar.

35 minutes ago, Muffin87 said:

Thank you very much for the information! 

For now, I'm going to give it a try. I like the calmness and coolness that the light radiates.  When the corals doesn't like it, I'm going to swap it for LED.

3 hours ago, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

I think I've managed to create a scape which should last longer than a day and where I could start to build on my corals.

IMGP7526.thumb.JPG.6cccef8c593f4809a9fa3061382468a2.JPG

IMGP7527.thumb.JPG.1e7f4127b497a7487afb4ff01095c676.JPG

Tomorrow I hope to begin with adding corals, starting with zoa's and some 'regular' Discosoma's I think. 😏

My lfs does have a pretty good collection of zoa's at the moment, so that's probably going to be quite challenging to choose from and not spending a fortune... 

They have in store at the moment:

Purple pany 
Alian antivenom 
Purple deaths 
Red deaths 
Maimi vice 
Desert storm 
Sunny d 
Tyree orange rainbow 
5 colors rainbow
Citrus cooler 
Deangelos 
Sonic flare 
Palyptoa grandis 
Nuclear death
Vampire slayer 
Petroglyph 
Golden maul 
Mega rainbow 
Utter chaos 
Keds reds
Lord of the rings 
Vampire people eaters 
Granny apples smith 
Blue panama 
Tutti frutti 
Fruitloops 
Blue hornet 
Rasta
Johny pumpkin 
Bambam mini 

Any recommendation on fast and easy growers? 🙂

Utter Chaos. Got a single poylp 10 days ago its popped out a new head in that time

20191114_203938.jpg

• Like 1

So I ditched the Dennerle Reef Light and decided to put my Blue Marine 11W LED in.

Also, I bought:

- Sunny D Zoa's (2 polyps);

- Rasta Zoa's (6 small polyps);

- Eagle Eye Zoa's (9 small polyps);

- One bright green Corallimorpharia;

- Caulerpa macro algae (to control nitrates and phosphates and for the natural look).

All together for around 60 dollar, which isn't bad at all I think!

Pictures tomorrow! 🙂

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

You could probably use both, if possible.

Maybe, but for now and for the cleaner look, I prefer to only have the LED. Maybe something like a Hydra 26 in the future would be nice...

The Sunny D's start off on the right foot! 😎IMGP7532.thumb.JPG.deac66469756970ba2fe3178e3a36435.JPG

• Like 2