inTank Media Baskets

After The Aiptasia's Gone (not a Country/Western song)

earwicker7

Originally posted by earwicker7

What, that he's that successful (how would you know?) or that you're just jealous because your LFS started his business out of a gas station in Podunk, Mississippi?  Why is it that people who live in Nowhereland have to be such haters?

No.. just because somebody owns a successful company that does not make them an expert in the field. You are full of #### if you think that owning a successful company makes you an expert in what the company does.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by cybaix

No.. just because somebody owns a successful company that does not make them an expert in the field. You are full of #### if you think that owning a successful company makes you an expert in what the company does.

True, but in a city where a lot of people can afford the very best (Hollywood), they tend to go there. Trust me, people in Hollywood are cut-throat--if you screw up, they won't just stop going to you, they'll convince all of their friends and co-workers to stop going to you by sending out a mass email (do you have any idea how many people the head of a movie studio can email with one mouse-click?). And apparently, given that you failed to respond to my PM of "expert evidence" that you requested on why anemones aren't appropriate for reef tanks, being a published author who is generally regarded as one of the founding fathers of modern reefing doesn't make you an expert either. I think I get your train of thought--owning a successful business doesn't make you an expert, being regarded by most everyone as an expert doesn't make you an expert, but posting to a website does. You go, girl!

Archived