inTank Media Baskets

New torch coral hasn't opened up since the first day 2 weeks ago.

Kdsd731

36g bowfront is 13 months old. Currently have one Orbit Marine IC with the bluetooth loop controller. Tank is very clean and up until I added the coral got weekly 10g water changes using RODI saltwater.  Since adding the coral I did one 5 gallon water change 1 week ago (matching temp and salinity).

Water parameters:

Salinity 1.025

Water temp 78.8

pH 7.8

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 10 (should go down since I recently loss my eel)

Phosphate .25 (I suspect will go down as well) 

Calcium 440

Alkalinity 179

I got the Torch coral for cheap to see how it does with the light I have which I know is underpowered in general.  I placed it 7" down on the top rock. The light sits just above the water.  Supposedly it's getting 120-160PAR based from specs. Haven't measured it yet.  The first day the torch opened fully and looked great.  Ever since then it either doesn't extend at all or just partially.  No changes in parameters since adding. I've fed phyto2 several times a week.  Here is a pic of it the first day,  a pic of it partially extended and a pic of it fully retracted. It's usually between fully retracted and partially open. The light is at 100% power since I was told it's weak. Any ideas? 

Screenshot_20191022-164812_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20191022-154422_Video Player.jpg

20191028_100109.jpg

The light is perfectly fine for lps, which don't like high light.

Torches are finicky. Some like higher flow(not direct), some prefer moderate flow.

Most torches like moderate light.

One thing they don't do well with is alk fluctuations. Is your alk maintained between waterchanges?

• Like 2