ReefCleaners.org

I am currently under quarantine for Covid-19, and in my boredom I decided to pull the trigger on a new apex. I have had the classic since 2012 and like it, but I want to eventually get a trident and I know I will need the new apex to use it. 

• Wow 2
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• William

• ef4life

• Pjanssen

• Matteo

9 minutes ago, William said:

I am currently under quarantine for Covid-19, and in my boredom I decided to pull the trigger on a new apex. I have had the classic since 2012 and like it, but I want to eventually get a trident and I know I will need the new apex to use it. 

Are you serious? 

Dibs on the apex 😅

41 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Self quarantine? Have you been tested and waiting for results. Prayers for you. Are you alone?

I was tested yesterday, still waiting for the results. 

46 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Are you serious? 

Dibs on the apex 😅

I’ll be selling my classic once I get the new one set up

• 2 weeks later...

My LFS is unsure if they will have to close following Gov. Cuomo’s orders, so they gave me 25% off my entire purchase, and 50% off fish.  So I picked up a small gladiator clownfish and a blue gungeon goby. I also found an Acro colony that had browned out and was in their TLC section for $10. 

• Like 3

Here are some new pics of the tank. I have been able to spend a decent amount of time on the tank now that I am home on quarantine. The Dino’s, while still present in low numbers, have not been much of a problem lately. I think this is largely due to my Klir filter roller and my UV sterilizer. The berghia nudibranchs have been doing a stellar job with the aptasia, if anyone in the NYC area need some, let me know. 

in the pics below you can see the TLC acro colony I got for $10 and the new clownfish. 
My fairy Wrasse and my fat fuzzy dwarf lionfish also wanted their photos taken. 

32A83514-B0A5-443F-A1FE-B107901B4B87.jpeg

6DE2020F-7877-4DEB-97CE-797C512EDEBB.jpeg

4C93BA1C-602A-4FCD-AA57-3CAD65689BB5.jpeg

E44C6BA0-19EB-4F3A-8F6F-E4DAECCF1FA3.jpeg

4031FF26-7514-4BA4-9859-6108BCE4E67A.jpeg

52F822D4-231C-4F87-BAA7-3545CA304232.jpeg

32CFF404-62AE-4783-B432-B96ACB2A7946.jpeg

F2967319-071C-459C-8AE6-D3C7043F687C.jpeg

33FB745D-E77A-457E-8F6A-1B360DC1AEF4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Today I rented a Par meter from podyourreef.com, which should arrive next week.  Based on the ICP analysis, I need to go over all of my equipment and look for rust or signs of corrosion. I ordered a heavy metal removing resin, but it will not be here until next week. I did a 5

gallon water change and added carbon. I may do another 5 gallon water change today, haven’t decided. Overall, everything looks good. 

• Like 2

So i removed my magnetic drag rack from @Oceanbox Designs, there was a small amount of red coloration at one of the seams, but could be algae/detritus.  I’m going to give it a vinegar bath then wash it, and then place it in RO water and check the TDS after a day or two..... I’m not sure how else to test it to see if it’s the culprit ...

Today I added CO2 absorbing media to my skimmer air intake. Since calibrating my ph probe on my new apex, my PH has been hovering around 7.8 (I had not calibrated by previous probe in two years). The main CO2 producer in my apartment is probably my gas oven/stove (no vent), as every time I turn the oven on for any extended period of time the Ph in my aquarium drops about 0.2

Previously when I used a CO2 absorber This trend disappeared. 

• Wow 1