Cultivated Reef

My clownfish is laying on his side??

Mishi789

So about a week ago i noticed my clownfish was laying on his side on my mushroom coral and at firat i thought he was just sleeping(i think he is a 'he') but about 2 or 3 days ago i noticed he has gotten a little but thinner, it looks like one side of his has been scratched or something and there is a long string coming from him... 

I'm not sure exa tly what kind of clownfish he is...he is maroon and friendly to our other clown and other fish. At first i thought the female had layed eggs but now i don't think so. He looks sick or something. He is eating fine and whenever i get close to the tank he swims around for a minute and goes back to the same spot on the rock, laying on the same side. 

Please help...

Also, if i should quarantine him, can i use a 1 gallon and what should i do? All other fish in the same tank are perfectly fine..

1 gallon isn't big enough for QT.

Can you get photos of the scratch?

General Cure can be mixed with food using focus to bind the meds and carefully fed for internal parasites.

12 hours ago, Tamberav said:

1 gallon isn't big enough for QT.

Can you get photos of the scratch?

General Cure can be mixed with food using focus to bind the meds and carefully fed for internal parasites.

Thank you. We are going to turn the 10 or 29 gallon into qt. And he ended up dying from parasite. 😞

• Sad 1