Top Shelf Aquatics

Proxo 140L Custom Aquarium.

Proxo

I hear the 4/6 line can be a bit of a problem with a royal gramma.

Already have;

2x Ocellaris Clowns

1x Royal Gramma
1x Emerald Crab (MIA)
1x XL Blue Hermit
1x Blue Tux Urchin
- Nass and Trochus Snails

Wants;
1x Mandarin Dragonet (eventually)

Some ideas - Likes;

McCosker's
Fourline
Watchman Goby w/Pistol Shrimp
Midas Blenny

This is hard work 😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

mmhh, I've just noticed on the side i can't really see that one of my acan heads has died - must of been pretty recent as the skeleton is white not green 😄.
Same for the bowerbanki, my blasto that was 99% dead due to the tank switch/QT tank crash has grown however!

ColoUr aka color seems okay but could it be too much light still? 

Well i'm just back from the LFS, wasn't much in stock but that's pretty obvious lately.
Came back with a pink scooter blenny, 6 snails and a bunch of copepods - they had a massive selection of SPS frags, not much else 😞

Think they've been fragging the sheet out of their display tank so they have some corals for sale lol!
Seen as my gift voucher find managed to cover most of the bill, i think it's coral ordering time 😄 

P_20200726_143408.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Snow_Phoenix
41 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Well i'm just back from the LFS, wasn't much in stock but that's pretty obvious lately.
Came back with a pink scooter blenny, 6 snails and a bunch of copepods - they had a massive selection of SPS frags, not much else 😞

Think they've been fragging the sheet out of their display tank so they have some corals for sale lol!
Seen as my gift voucher find managed to cover most of the bill, i think it's coral ordering time 😄 

P_20200726_143408.jpg

I'm so jealous! I've only seen a red scooter - even an orange one, but never a pink one! :wub:

• Like 2

I only managed to acclimate it for about 40min, before it decided to jump through the smallest hole into the main tank, seems fine so far though....
I have this box thing u can hook onto the side of ur tank for acclimating or whatever ^^ 

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix
4 minutes ago, Proxo said:

I only managed to acclimate it for about 40min, before it decided to jump through the smallest hole into the main tank, seems fine so far though....
I have this box thing u can hook onto the side of ur tank for acclimating or whatever ^^ 

Maybe dim the lights a little - new fish in a new tank tend to spook easily. 

Did you get a good look at the dorsal fin to see if it's a male or female yet? 😊

31 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Maybe dim the lights a little - new fish in a new tank tend to spook easily. 

Did you get a good look at the dorsal fin to see if it's a male or female yet? 😊

Turned the light to the side for now seen as the app isn't connecting for some reason lol.
I've not managed to get a good look yet but if i was to take a super noob guess i'd say female!

Will try get some more pics when it's settled in!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Proxo said:

P_20200726_143408.jpg

Lovely that mate 

I've had two of these in the past but NEVER had good luck with them...

First one got bullied by my original clown when it went loco, second one jumped from my tank before I got a mesh top, during the night and was dead when I came down in the morning 😞

the second one was a bit of an adventurer! when I bought him, my eldest boy said "can I put him in the tank" then promptly dropped bag in the sink next to my tank! he went down the plug hole! I quickly ragged the contents of under the sink out and removed the u bend, which the blenny was in! perfectly fine and dandy! he lasted about 4 months after that until he jumped out 😞

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

awwww 😞 i've heard they're kind of hit or miss, was nothing else in the shop just a bunch of tangs, sharks, eels so thought i'd give it a go!
- she said she'd had it eating frozen copepods so will try that later.... Guess i should get round to ordering that mesh top i've been meaning to order for months!!

My clowns have been checking it out often but they mostly spend their team flickering at each other to notice much else 😄.

p.s eclipse overflow L is poop, i still can't get it quiet - all the reading up i've done on it says it's a bad design as the box levels are kind of off so you need the
water level in the internal box higher than the level in the external - managed to do it with some 'weir' that normally sits on my acclimation box for now so i can get some sleep lol!!

Hope everybody is keeping okay 🙂 i've had no internet for about 4 days and my city is on the verge on locking down again so i've been rocking back and forward in a corner!

The algae is starting to get under control, i've currently hooked up that 'reactor' to the manifold and filled it with filter floss not as effective as if it came straight from the drain but
this way if (IF? WHEN*) i'm lazy i can just turn the manifold off so the nasty filter floss doesn't leach back into the water 😄.

Evaporation is so crazy i'm debating if i have a leak somewhere i can't see lol, sumps on a matt so it'll pull out np!

Was planning a coral order today but not sure what to get, where to place it and if i can get it - corona has really boobed up the coral supply!
Anyway, pictures for you none readers 😄

@Snow_Phoenix Managed a half decent dorsal fin snap and he's, she's? eating frozen Copepods 😄 

P_20200729_152943.jpg

P_20200723_190500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Snow_Phoenix
8 hours ago, Proxo said:

Hope everybody is keeping okay 🙂 i've had no internet for about 4 days and my city is on the verge on locking down again so i've been rocking back and forward in a corner!

The algae is starting to get under control, i've currently hooked up that 'reactor' to the manifold and filled it with filter floss not as effective as if it came straight from the drain but
this way if (IF? WHEN*) i'm lazy i can just turn the manifold off so the nasty filter floss doesn't leach back into the water 😄.

Evaporation is so crazy i'm debating if i have a leak somewhere i can't see lol, sumps on a matt so it'll pull out np!

Was planning a coral order today but not sure what to get, where to place it and if i can get it - corona has really boobed up the coral supply!
Anyway, pictures for you none readers 😄

@Snow_Phoenix Managed a half decent dorsal fin snap and he's, she's? eating frozen Copepods 😄 

P_20200729_152943.jpg

P_20200723_190500.jpg

It's a she. 😊

• Thanks 1

Coral frag order en route 😄 - from mailordercorals @Ratvan (Don't know if you tried it yet?)
They've some nice colonies of corals but as i've never used this place before i'll start with the frags!

So i've ordered;

Pumpkin Pie Monti (Half price offer)
Purple Plating Monti
Ultra Fluorescent Green Star Polyps (My urchin stole my tiny bit of GSP i had)
Duncan Coral
Sunnyside Up Zoa

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Coral frag order en route 😄 - from mailordercorals @Ratvan (Don't know if you tried it yet?)
They've some nice colonies of corals but as i've never used this place before i'll start with the frags!

So i've ordered;

Pumpkin Pie Monti (Half price offer)
Purple Plating Monti
Ultra Fluorescent Green Star Polyps (My urchin stole my tiny bit of GSP i had)
Duncan Coral
Sunnyside Up Zoa

Yeah i really liked them, there and JBS Marines were literally the only two online shops I had any luck with

• Like 1

@Ratvan and @Proxo I believe we had some discussion regarding cellarMarine for cuc which is based by me. I haven’t been since lockdown but I saw in the local paper this week that they’ve moved to a larger shop. So I’m planning to head down next week and see what they’ve got. I think they now deliver corals. 

• Like 2

Shall check them out next coral order 😄 ^^

- Corals have arrived, need an ID on the freebie coral though;
Edit; Stylophora? Green Eyed Monster Montipora? 

P_20200807_112822.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, Proxo said:

Shall check them out next coral order 😄 ^^

- Corals have arrived, need an ID on the freebie coral though;
Edit; Stylophora? Green Eyed Monster Montipora? 

P_20200807_112822.jpg

Is it simply Branching Coraline? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Matteo said:

Is it simply Branching Coraline? 

I'm so confused with this order 😄
Ok it seems that the frag above is;
"Ultra Fluorescent Green Star Polyps Frag Indonesian" as it's opened up some now 

The picture above that, there's obviously the zoa, duncan, purple plate monti
so the 2 frags each side of the zoa is the freebie and other should be pumpkin pie monti (guessing is the right frag of the zoa?)
That'll leave the left one that i have no idea!!!

They should write on the bag the names of freebies 🙂 

P,s i'll get some better pics once the blue lights come on more, if i'm not drunk by then!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

I'm so confused with this order 😄
Ok it seems that the frag above is;
"Ultra Fluorescent Green Star Polyps Frag Indonesian" as it's opened up some now 

The picture above that, there's obviously the zoa, duncan, purple plate monti
so the 2 frags each side of the zoa is the freebie and other should be pumpkin pie monti (guessing is the right frag of the zoa?)
That'll leave the left one that i have no idea!!!

They should write on the bag the names of freebies 🙂 

P,s i'll get some better pics once the blue lights come on more, if i'm not drunk by then!

I do love seeing freebie written on the frag bag 😂😂

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I do love seeing freebie written on the frag bag 😂😂

Yeah you get all excited until you have to figure out what the hell it is you got 😄 
So the coral on the very left of the zoa is the freebie most likely, bad picture but it's like the purple plate monti but glowing green doctor like veins down it so i'd guess 
some neon green montipora? (thanks google) - if it is, good freebie as the purple monti is kind of boring was just on sale so 😄

P_20200807_224240_vHDR_On_HP.jpg

P_20200807_224152_vHDR_On_HP.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone have experience with UV sterilisers? No idea where i'd plumb one in mind, space is limited!
I can not for the life of me ever get rid of diatoms, cloudy water - my evo was the same!

Water changes, nopox, purigen, phosgaurd, denitrate, prime - tried it all over the few year 😕 

Snow_Phoenix
18 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Anyone have experience with UV sterilisers? No idea where i'd plumb one in mind, space is limited!
I can not for the life of me ever get rid of diatoms, cloudy water - my evo was the same!

Water changes, nopox, purigen, phosgaurd, denitrate, prime - tried it all over the few year 😕 

Could the cloudy water be due to a bacterial bloom of some sort? If you can find the source of the cloudiness and correct it/eliminate it, then you won't need a UV Sterilizer, I *think. 

13 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Could the cloudy water be due to a bacterial bloom of some sort? If you can find the source of the cloudiness and correct it/eliminate it, then you won't need a UV Sterilizer, I *think. 

Yeah most likely, but the diatoms and brown algae is driving me nuts i've never managed to rid it even on my old evo - There's some pretty cheap'ish UV might be worth a shot to give me a little help in hand? idk lol.