Top Shelf Aquatics

Proxo 140L Custom Aquarium.

Proxo

I can not for the life of me find a decent bean animal overflow box in the UK.
(as the tank is upstairs, need the extra safety).

Man, could start my own business in PVC stuff here we have next to nothing i can find.
You guys have all sorts in murica, like synergy reef for example.

Might just hook up my fluval fx6 lol, but i know it'll hurt in the long run.

• Like 1

Ok people, need some help here; I'm kind of thinking of splashing out and ordering the 16" synergy reef overflow, i know it's overkill for the tank but i think as it's so slim it'll look the best.
and the extra surface skimming is a bonus.

Now on their website it says people have actually ran this overflow on 10g tanks, this a marketing scam or legit? lol

On 10/30/2019 at 4:45 AM, Proxo said:

So we've now started, it's 140L so i'd say that still counts as a nano right? 😄
Every tank is a nano until you've no room to fit it in your house 😄

I'll update the info soon.

P_20191030_113609.jpg

You silly metric people. 😉 140l is Def a nano haha

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, Proxo said:

Ok people, need some help here; I'm kind of thinking of splashing out and ordering the 16" synergy reef overflow, i know it's overkill for the tank but i think as it's so slim it'll look the best.
and the extra surface skimming is a bonus.

Now on their website it says people have actually ran this overflow on 10g tanks, this a marketing scam or legit? lol

The larger the overflow the better IMO. It's all on your return pump for actual flow. 300gph is 300gph regardless of size of inflow. 

• Like 2

That's good to know makes things easier but i've been hunting for over a week for an overflow box and i can't find any for sale in brexit.
They're all HOB syphon, i've got the stage of almost selling this damn brand new tank lol.

I'm no way paying £60-70 (about 80-90 dollars) shipping for an overflow box from america.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Not fun - well you could just build your own - they aren't too complex

Working on it now, just means now i have to build so much more than originally planned 😄 .

• Like 2

Now for a headache on working out the plumbing 😄
I'm so damn confused lmfao!!

2x 1 1/2" drilled tank for box to box flow.
3x 1" bulks for down from box to sump (bean animal)
3/4 return? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Proxo said:

I'm super confused due to Imperial to Metric 🤬.
Then of course there's the O/D and I/D, please shoot me.
IM GOING INSANE;
https://www.completeaquatics.co.uk/marines/pipework-and-fittings?p=2

OK ORDERING BEGAN!

Dang sorry it's been such a pain! @Ratvan (you have been summoned) is a UK reefer. Maybe he knows where to snag one? 

If anything oversize your overflow intank and piping just to be on the safe side? 🤔 

I think...bulkreefsupply.com has a flow calculator but can't remember 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That ebay one is america based but the postage is a lot better than synergy reef wanted, i've sent a design off to an acrylic shop - might get them to cut it and i'll glue it all up.

But right now, this is me
I'M ALL OUT OF STOCK, I CAN'T FINISH MY REEF WITHOUT YOU! hahaa!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Proxo said:

That ebay one is america based but the postage is a lot better than synergy reef wanted, i've sent a design off to an acrylic shop - might get them to cut it and i'll glue it all up.

But right now, this is me
I'M ALL OUT OF STOCK, I CAN'T FINISH MY REEF WITHOUT YOU! hahaa!!

Just get yourself a visa and move here. You can have all the reef toys you want 😁

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, Matteo said:

Dang sorry it's been such a pain! @Ratvan (you have been summoned) is a UK reefer. Maybe he knows where to snag one? 

If anything oversize your overflow intank and piping just to be on the safe side? 🤔 

I think...bulkreefsupply.com has a flow calculator but can't remember 

Sorry, not a clue. He's talking about sumps and pipes and things.... 🤷‍♂️

AIO or HOBS for me

• Haha 3
On 11/2/2019 at 11:21 PM, Proxo said:

I'm pretty damn tempted to buy myself a laser cutter and start making and selling some aquarium and computer stuff out of acrylic...
But anyway, here's a design i'm going to send off to a shop that deals with acrylic, it's only a dosing container that i don't actually need yet but i wanna see how good they are
and i'll most likely need it in the future so making room for it in the cabinet will come in handy.

I'm tempted to go for a colour (color for you muricans) scheme of grey/white/orange on the sump etc and blend the room in around it with neon lights n shizzle.

dosing container.jpg

If you did move forwards with this, we will need to have a chat. Cannot find anything like the Fiji Cube AIO Kits here 😞

• Haha 1

Pricing the acrylic up now for the sump build 😄.
Do you guys think 6mm acrylic will be enough for a 560x300x300mm (22" x 11.5" x 12.5").

Acrylic for a 560x300x300 adds up to £66, that's with the 2 side and back panels been black acrylic.
NO BAFFLES.

Glass tank on amazon that's 600x300x300 is going for £60.
NO BAFFLES.

What would you go for? - keep in mind it'll be easier to add probe holders and dosing tube holders etc as it's easier to drill small holes in acrylic 😄 

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
23 hours ago, Proxo said:

Pricing the acrylic up now for the sump build 😄.
Do you guys think 6mm acrylic will be enough for a 560x300x300mm (22" x 11.5" x 12.5").

Acrylic for a 560x300x300 adds up to £66, that's with the 2 side and back panels been black acrylic.
NO BAFFLES.

Glass tank on amazon that's 600x300x300 is going for £60.
NO BAFFLES.

What would you go for? - keep in mind it'll be easier to add probe holders and dosing tube holders etc as it's easier to drill small holes in acrylic 😄 

You should be fine with 6mm acrylic, if you have the baffles to support the 22” span. anything over 12” needs support IMO. 

btw if you’re looking for a laser cutter I would recommend a 100-150w for cutting acrylic. Granted I cut a lot of .220 and up to .750 acrylic. 60% of the stuff I do on it is for intricate designs and etching. 

thanks for the tag @Wonderboy

• Like 3
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

You should be fine with 6mm acrylic, if you have the baffles to support the 22” span. anything over 12” needs support IMO. 

btw if you’re looking for a laser cutter I would recommend a 100-150w for cutting acrylic. Granted I cut a lot of .220 and up to .750 acrylic. 60% of the stuff I do on it is for intricate designs and etching. 

thanks for the tag @Wonderboy

You think 5mm will be okay? if i glued some kind of bracing on the top aswell as the baffles? 5mm is WAY cheaper than 6mm lol.

Work has officially started, darth vader is supervisor. 
need to get this done asap as the tank is been neglected!

I also had my first ever heater failure in the 15'ish year i've kept fish 😮 .
good job the alarm started going off 😄

P_20191203_144436.jpg

• Like 2