Top Shelf Aquatics

help help my large corkscrew nem is splitting???

errand

guys just last night my rose BTA split into 3 pieces and my big green corkscrew nem looked unhappy all night - today when i came home from work i see him out of the sand on the side of the rock with what looks like 2 feet?? is he splitting?? i thought LTA dont split?? Is something really bad happening??? my corals looks really healthy and fluffy and the new bta babies have puffed up nicely, my parameters are fairly normal the only thing i changed recently is went from LFS water to my own RODI filter and red sea coral pro salt, but i've only been doing 7% changes every week until Friday then i did a 20%.

I'm quite scared as i love my corkscrew nem, I've never seen him like this before! 

Does anyone know what to do?? 

if he's not splitting what's wrong with his foot???? why is he on the rock? he's been happy in the sand for months!!

20191030_164639.jpg

20191030_164659.jpg

Thankyou; he does not look happy still, and is still in the same spot, now he has a deep crease from its foot up to his head - mouth is tightly closed from what I could see. If it is splitting it's taking soo long and it looks very uncomfortable. I'm due to do a water change tomorrow I will probably do a slightly smaller one and leave it/watch how it all goes.

It's either splitting or dying, I am not sure what else to do with the equipment I've got - i have a tiny 5 gallon frag tank with macroalgae in it and he wouldnt' like to be in there, I am trying to just leave him be. 

I suppose if he dies I will be able to tell for sure? He's still sticky, tight mouth, stuck to the rock, and color is about the same as always, just really twisted and floppy/uncomfortable.

20191031_195940 (2).jpg

How long have you had it and how long has this been going on? If this has only been happening for a day or two, I wouldn't worry and just make sure you aren't screwing something up with the water. If your water is good, leave it be. With my nems, I am very hands-off if I can be.

The crease and other changes in the foot could simply be it moving about a little. As a side note - if it does go for a walk that plate is going to be toast, you might consider moving it.

I've had him for 5 months - he's been in the same position in the corner the whole time, and gotten bigger since I had him. This has been going on 2 days now, I will see what happens when I come home tonight. When I peeped in with a flashlight this morning he's moved a bit more again, but the column was fat and round, no more creasing so you might be right. thankyou!