Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

🚀Pocket Rocket Pico Reef🚀

The Rainy Day Aquarium

The Rainy Day Aquarium

Made a dent in the garage and had some time to fire up my laser cutter. I forgot the laser tube is broken and being held together by superglue. Luckily OSHA doesn’t frequent my little space because it’s probably the sketchiest thing I’ve ever done with equipment like this, but hey it works 😅 

In other words, I made a new little pico reef 🤗

FEF52B20-C4F8-4615-8138-73A9F75BA8F4.thumb.jpeg.46d01995fb1c906fef0568e391f50228.jpeg

I used opaque black acrylic this time instead of my regular smoked; translucent blue for the filter baffles. I think it turned out pretty okay. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 5
The Rainy Day Aquarium
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Heck yeah,that looks awesome as usual !! Any plans as of yet ? 

Thanks! This one will be replacing my previous little tank as the AIO filter design is better. Maybe make it into a tiny SPS reef tank 🤔😜)

1 hour ago, joshthebox said:

Very, very cool!!! 🤯

Thank you! 😄

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium

Leak test and trying out my original return nozzle design. Really pleased with how everything turned out. I still have a few things to tweak, but all in all things work well.

I was thinking making this a lil’ bèbè softy tank, but have no idea on what kind of soft corals besides my tiny toadstool that I’ll be putting in here later on. 

E5C16DB9-0C49-4218-AE0C-4684D0A28D1F.thumb.jpeg.0ce740c1cc93e61bd890658828e50723.jpeg

0653440C-0A0C-4486-984A-8928117C4F39.thumb.jpeg.1dd8b778cb402eaf7de18fa3a627137b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Heck yes !!! Looking good,honestly I suggest a RFA and some Sexies. 

What kind of return nozzle is that ? I thought it was a Nero for a second lol. 

• Like 3
The Rainy Day Aquarium
3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Heck yes !!! Looking good,honestly I suggest a RFA and some Sexies. 

What kind of return nozzle is that ? I thought it was a Nero for a second lol. 

That would actually be pretty cool!

Haha it does doesn't it. It's a custom nozzle that I designed and 3D printed. The pump and the tubing that I use creates a pretty strong "jet" of water that blasts the side of the tank, which I didn't like. I spent some time designing the nozzle to make a more even flow throughout the display. 

The Rainy Day Aquarium
1 hour ago, Daniel92481 said:

Looking good man! You are very skilled to make something like this. You should make it a nem tank, whether that be RFA’s or a nice BTA. So cool! 😃

Thank you!!

Haha a tiny BTA would be awesome, but it would outgrow this tank so fast lol! Some smaller RFAs would be really neat though!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

That would actually be pretty cool!

Haha it does doesn't it. It's a custom nozzle that I designed and 3D printed. The pump and the tubing that I use creates a pretty strong "jet" of water that blasts the side of the tank, which I didn't like. I spent some time designing the nozzle to make a more even flow throughout the display. 

Right ? That's what I am thinking to do with mine. Are you manually topping yours off or have you found a ato small enough to work with these ?

It really does lol. Is mine coming with one ? If so,I will let ya know what I think ;)

The Rainy Day Aquarium
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Right ? That's what I am thinking to do with mine. Are you manually topping yours off or have you found a ato small enough to work with these ?

It really does lol. Is mine coming with one ? If so,I will let ya know what I think 😉

There is space where you could squeeze in something like an Auto Aqua smart ATO Lite if you wanted. I have a lid on mine and I top off the tank every 4-5 days. Doing this has worked well for me.

Haha it will! They are standard on all the tanks that I’ll be sending out. They tame the flow quite a bit, maybe too tame for things like SPS, so I’ll probably have to work on some other flow nozzle designs as well. Maybe I can talk with Antonio from VCA into printing tiny RFGs for me lol😅

So basically any small optical sensor like that ? Okay,at least there is an option for this bogger lol. 

Ahh gotcha,okay !!!! That would be pretty awesome if he would do that. Or whip up an adapter to fit a ¼" RFG. 

I have a npt adapter for locline that fits the rfg if you need me to take some measurements for anything. 

The Rainy Day Aquarium
On 1/26/2023 at 5:54 PM, Reefkid88 said:

So basically any small optical sensor like that ? Okay,at least there is an option for this bogger lol. 

Ahh gotcha,okay !!!! That would be pretty awesome if he would do that. Or whip up an adapter to fit a ¼" RFG. 

I have a npt adapter for locline that fits the rfg if you need me to take some measurements for anything. 

Even the 1/4” nozzle might still be too big? Plus they require a certain amount of flow to work properly, which would probably turn the display into a little snow globe haha. I’ll be shipping yours out this week so maybe you can try it out and see if it works out okay

7 hours ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Even the 1/4” nozzle might still be too big? Plus they require a certain amount of flow to work properly, which would probably turn the display into a little snow globe haha. I’ll be shipping yours out this week so maybe you can try it out and see if it works out okay

Possibly. I will try out both and see if I can figure out a way to mount the ¼" rfg and see. I ran it on my 12"x6"x6" and still created a decent good flow pattern,even with the Sicce Micra which is 90gph. 

• Like 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium

I will say mixing salt for these tiny tanks is amazing. I used just over 4 spoonfuls of salt to top off this tank…

F6AC4BA2-E7E4-42B0-9A3A-A3C42E7D9BD8.thumb.jpeg.ae6aa35b74e581fb410ad988a3e54081.jpeg

My 5 gallon bucket of Instant Ocean is going to be an heirloom item that I pass down, it will last that long 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium
On 2/2/2023 at 3:11 PM, Jaren45 said:

Just grabbed a spot in the pre-order, I can't help myself with picos..

Lol same, I'm having a hard time letting them go (I want to keep them and set them up myself haha)

You're awesome! Thank you!!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
The Rainy Day Aquarium

I like to think I do my best work when I’m stressed, sleep deprived, and procrastinating things that are starting to erode my self equilibrium :happydance:

aka I made a tiny lagoon tank…

85F4B7FA-1D22-472D-8DFA-1F725BD2A636.thumb.jpeg.6a7307ccf9db854498daded05c5369cb.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I will be getting one,110% !!! When I get into my house next month,boy oh boy are things gonna start progressing. 

I have just had so much going on,its been insane. 

• Like 1