caas1496

caas1496's 40 Breeder

Coastie

I just transferred the first livestock to my 40B from my twenty long.  Came here looking for fellow fortyBs! I am impressed! Your plumbing and sump are amazing and you had way more patience than me with the scape!

I see you did an 80/20 light mount as well! 

Looks amazing!

Following along!

caas1496
On 3/17/2020 at 2:39 AM, Coastie said:

I just transferred the first livestock to my 40B from my twenty long.  Came here looking for fellow fortyBs! I am impressed! Your plumbing and sump are amazing and you had way more patience than me with the scape!

I see you did an 80/20 light mount as well! 

Looks amazing!

Following along!

Thanks! I look forward to checking out your build as well. 

I am going to try to post more regular updates and photos of the tank to track the progress better over time. Hopefully weekly along with a short update of whats new.

FTS 3/27/2020:

20200327_161055.thumb.jpg.7f347abdc43aa68b79cab1194b2b0493.jpg

The Bad:

Unfortunately I found out about the jumping skills of wrasses the hard way. My social wrasse managed to jump out through the cord pass through hole in my lid and I didn't find him until after work. It's always rough to lose a fish and the wrasse was otherwise doing great in my system. I will have to find a way to seal up all these holes before I add any more fish with jumping tendencies.

IMG-20200324-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.9e551265ba549f8f639fb3bb9b5bbcd4.jpeg

The Good:

Most corals are doing quite well and growing. I have had to increase the dosing amount for Ca and Alk again to keep up with demand in the tank. I also had to move a couple corals to safety that weren't getting along with my torch. 

I'm excited because I put in a small acro frag and for the first time I am getting growth with an acro! I tried one in my 20G and it sat for months without any growth and then slowly lost tissue. This PC Rainbow frag has been noticeably encrusting out onto the plug already.

Coastie

I feel ya!  I lost my Christmas Wrasse when I had to put a mount on my tank.  The lid had maybe a 1/2" opening on one side.  He jumped out and through.....

And how are you going to mention an acro frag without a picture of said frag?

caas1496
30 minutes ago, Coastie said:

I feel ya!  I lost my Christmas Wrasse when I had to put a mount on my tank.  The lid had maybe a 1/2" opening on one side.  He jumped out and through.....

And how are you going to mention an acro frag without a picture of said frag?

Good point Coastie. That wasn't fair. 

20200401_144738.thumb.jpg.a6a5cef62b144e1586ae815135cedb8e.jpg

Coastie

Sweet! Colony coming soon!  Looks good!