Pod Your Reef

Red Sea Reef LED 90 owners...

Garf

Do you have any idea what the spacing is between the two mounting holes on the light is? On the Reef LED 50, it appears to be 35mm. I was wondering if I could use the Reef 90 mounting arms to mount a Reef 50, as I need a bit more reach to the center of my tank.

FYI, the mounting holes are the same. So you can mount a Reef LED 50 on the Reef LED 90 mounting arms, just not the other way around. 

If you are planning on running a Reef LED 50 on the EVO 13.5, there are a couple things to be aware of. The universal mount they are selling for the Reef LED 50 does not reach to the center of the tank. Also, both types of mounts are designed for thicker glass than what the EVO has. You will have to add a shim to get it to clamp properly. 

All in all, the mounts for the Reef LED 90 are much higher quality, easier to install, and more stable than the cheaper universal mount. 

• Like 1

Hello, I would like to add that the Reef90 mounting holes are the same as the AI Hydra 26 for those who purchased the 

E-170 or E-260 complete set ups before Red Sea included their branded lights. I could not find any info regarding this so I just gave it a shot.

I purchased the Reef90 for my E-170 and figured I would try my original mounting bracket, and if it wouldn't work I would then buy a new one. Kudos to Red Sea for allowing us consumers to mount their new lighting to existing tank mounts👍👍

Shane 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Garf's post is incorrect. I have a RL90 mounted to a RL50 arm. Used the same screws included in the RL50 mounting arm kit. Works fine. Also the mounting screws are 12mm diameter .5" length.

• 3 years later...
On 2/5/2020 at 9:09 PM, pakmon22 said:

Garf's post is incorrect. I have a RL90 mounted to a RL50 arm. Used the same screws included in the RL50 mounting arm kit. Works fine. Also the mounting screws are 12mm diameter .5" length.

Pakmon22 I need your help. Is there a way I can get reach you? Need a bit more info on the 90 on a 50 arm if you don’t mind. nclackum@me.com my email. 

Thanks

Noel