Pod Your Reef

Wisconsinite Reefing

HVani

Well after being out for a while, I'm back in the hobby.  Last month I dug out my old IM Nuvo 8.  I set it up in my grooming salon.  It has been set for a month and doing pretty well.  Just slapped on a fluval sea nano led light.  Since this tank is not in an ideal location, I'm just keeping it simple with softies and macros. 

Tank: IM Nuvo 8 in white

Light: Fluval SEA Marine 20w LED

Stock:

Inverts: 3 astrea snails, 1 nassarius snail, 4 blue leg hermits

Coral: Zoas, some red macro

Fish: none 

20190916_160332.jpg

20191020_171714.jpg

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, HVani said:

Well after being out for a while, I'm back in the hobby.  Last month I dug out my old IM Nuvo 8.  I set it up in my grooming salon.  It has been set for a month and doing pretty well.  Just slapped on a fluval sea nano led light.  Since this tank is not in an ideal location, I'm just keeping it simple with softies and macros. 

Tank: IM Nuvo 8 in white

Light: Fluval SEA Marine 20w LED

Stock:

Inverts: 3 astrea snails, 1 nassarius snail, 4 blue leg hermits

Coral: Zoas, some red macro

Fish: none 

20190916_160332.jpg

20191020_171714.jpg

Welcome back. 😊

that’s a cute little tank. 

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing to plug along.  Topping off is starting to become an issue now that the weather has cooled off.  Hopefully soon I can hook up an ato. 

With the drags came some hitchhikers.   Got some mini dusters and micro stars wandering around.  Even say a stomatella snail crawling around.  Zoas have opened up nicely and seem to like the light.  Current shot

20191102_140105.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Things have been slow.  The only saltwater shop in town is Petco.  I have to drive an hour away to get some real selection and almost 2 hours to go to a good store.  Made the trip to Milwaukee yesterday to finally add some fish.  Picked up 2 locally bred black ice clowns.  I went to get picassos but I fell in love with these two.  Also added a green fuzzy mushroom, a frag of Sunny Ds and some blue macro I forgot the name.  

Tank has been doing well.  I have flat worms and about a billion pods.  The lighting is not great.  Makes everything look pretty brown mo matter how I adjust it.  

20200203_101313.jpg

20200203_101326.jpg

20200203_101331.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

So that happened.  Covid 19 hit and my salon was shut down March 23rd.  I had a little 16 bow freshwater shell dweller tank at home.  Since I was gonna be out of work for a while I set up the 16 bow and brought the fish home.  Lost the smallest clown but nothing else.  I just got clearance to open again but it's probably gonna be a while till I move everything back.  I'm spraying a lot of cleaner at the salon right now.  

Also since I was home I set up the old 25 gallon ecoxotic.  This tank is my favorite and is about 8 years old.  Thinking about a barebottom sps tank eventually.  

Unfortunately no where is selling livestock right now.  

20200403_103429.jpg

20200403_112310.jpg

20200404_120938.jpg

20200510_174938.jpg

20200420_233506.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Always happy to hear about another fishkeeper in Wisconsin. Hope COVID-19 doesn't affect you or your business too severely; tanks are looking interesting thus far. 

• 3 weeks later...

An update on the tanks.  

The 16 bow has not been going great.  I have lost every clownfish inhave added to.  They just waste away and die despite eating.  All have come from different sources.  I have an antenna goby that is doing very well. But clowns have no chance.  Which is weird, I've always had so much luck with clowns.  Anyway, I can't find a candy cane pistol shrimp in stock anywhere.  Online or brick and mortor.  

I did find a cute little fish shop in Green Bay and I ventured to Milwaukee a few weeks ago.  Added a 6 line to the bow front which seems to be doing well. 

I haven't added much coral just because I like the lighting on the 25 cube better.  It has a eccotech radion on it and just looks amazing.  Im gonna make a thread for that tank soon.  Its been doing well.  

20200629_165115.jpg

• Like 2