Pod Your Reef

What corals would you suggest for this tank?

Kdsd731

My tank is a 1 year old 36g bow front. Up until now it's had the stock LED. I recently purchased a lightly used Orbit Marine IC with the bluetooth loop controller for cheap.  I know it's not a great light,  but I don't want to invest a lot into a tank that I intend to use a QT tank for a larger one I plan to buy.  Anyways,  I've never had corals and was curious what corals people suggest I try and add with these water depths and PAR ratings?  I have read the "Coral you regret" forums and would really like to avoid those corals. I don't want a coral just to have a coral because it's cheap and would live. Those corals all seem to grow like weeds andI don't want that. I would like it to be well thought out if possible. And if I shouldn't add anything then just tell me I shouldn't. I appreciate the input.  20191017_131137.thumb.jpg.a3d59dceb6651fc59ada8754fa7515c4.jpg

Any Lps, soft, or easy sps will be fine with that lighting. 

Get corals you like rather than from a list.

A coral that is easy for one can be difficult and yet for another it may be easy. 

Corals that are labeled experienced/difficult, probably best avoided because a lot of factors are involved to the difficulty of the coral.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Any Lps, soft, or easy sps will be fine with that lighting. 

Get corals you like rather than from a list.

A coral that is easy for one can be difficult and yet for another it may be easy. 

Corals that are labeled experienced/difficult, probably best avoided because a lot of factors are involved to the difficulty of the coral.

Thank you.  I appreciate the advice.

• Like 1

Picking what you like is good advice. My suggestion in addition to that is, also get things that are not coral. Rock flower anemones have fairly weak stings, are easy to keep, and don't tend to go anywhere, and WOW do they have nice colors. Halimeda or another calcified macroalgae would be a cool structural element. Blue scroll algae is beautiful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Tired said:

Picking what you like is good advice. My suggestion in addition to that is, also get things that are not coral. Rock flower anemones have fairly weak stings, are easy to keep, and don't tend to go anywhere, and WOW do they have nice colors. Halimeda or another calcified macroalgae would be a cool structural element. Blue scroll algae is beautiful. 

Thanks again!