GetPsyched2124

ID these Zoas?

GetPsyched2124
does anybody have any idea what the name/kind of zoanthids these are? thse are the best pics I could find searching through my camera roll from a couple months ago. I bought them from my LFS and they didn't have any specified name. I know in the third pic there's some radioactive dragon eyes mixed in there with another one, maybe two types, of zoas. and a rough guess that those are spiderman zoas in the second? I have no clue what zoas those are in the first pic. any help would be appreciated
1044417187_Zoa1.thumb.jpg.570c98382f965f731436d8f346dd217e.jpg
35029749_Zoa2.thumb.jpg.c44cf2536cc2166d7d3d3c6fd04df718.jpg
711361618_Zoa3.thumb.jpg.ed6ed072383b28f0dcb79ab236d270d8.jpg

Tired

My LFS has those first ones, or something very similar, and said they aren't aware of a name for them.

• Like 1

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

The first ones and also maybe the second are fire and ice zoas. The 3rd picture has a few dragon eye zoas and also nirvana zoas.

I’m pretty sure I’m right I think 

• Like 1

GetPsyched2124
2 hours ago, Tired said:

My LFS has those first ones, or something very similar, and said they aren't aware of a name for them.

only 1 of the 4 LFSs that are in my area "occasionally" actually has the name of any zoas. and when i say occasionally that was only once in over the last year.

• Like 1

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
15 hours ago, GetPsyched2124 said:

only 1 of the 4 LFSs that are in my area "occasionally" actually has the name of any zoas. and when i say occasionally that was only once in over the last year.

I’m in the same boat as you sadly🙄

• Like 2

Ratvan

For what it is worth I have only ever seen named zoas on online shops and ebay.

LFS seem to just label them as Zoa - Colour and price on number of heads

• Like 1

mcarroll
On 10/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, GetPsyched2124 said:

does anybody have any idea what the name/kind of zoanthids these are?

The problem with looking for things like this in person based on photos you've seen online, is that MOST (not all) of the photos online are highly unrealistic.

Either they've been taken with a macro lens that will pick up tons of awesome detail your eyes won't even see, or they jacked with the colors on the LED system over the corals, or they phtotoshopped the final pic.  Or all three, cuz why not it's easy and they already spent the money on the all those good sales tools.  LOL. 😉 

So, @GetPsyched2124, that gives you naming rights in the store IMO, because "your coral" has a "unique look" unlike anything online.  🙂 

• Like 2

Suggsreef
On 10/24/2019 at 3:40 AM, Ratvan said:

Here is an ID site for named Zoas

http://www.zoabrary.com/

Does this site for y’all still work? Won’t pull up for me. But definitely fire and Ice and definitely dragon eyes. 

Tired

It works for me, it just takes a second or two to load.

• Like 1

GetPsyched2124
On 10/27/2019 at 8:09 AM, Suggsreef said:

Does this site for y’all still work? Won’t pull up for me. But definitely fire and Ice and definitely dragon eyes. 

Yep I agree, Fire and Ice and dragon eyes.

I had tried the site a long time ago and it used to not work but now it does for me.

• Like 2