Pod Your Reef

Spectras RS750

spectra

6 hours ago, spectra said:

Had to go tree shopping....................I think I got raped by the local boy scouts............:unsure:

Dude a fake tree is so ez pz, just buy some scented pine cones. Cost me $30 one year and I have had it for many. No being raped by Boy scouts here! 

Also....is this what your tree looks like?

PAY-Phallic-Christmas-Tree.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
34 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Dude a fake tree is so ez pz, just buy some scented pine cones. Cost me $30 one year and I have had it for many. No being raped by Boy scouts here! 

Also....is this what your tree looks like?

PAY-Phallic-Christmas-Tree.jpg

I hate plastic.......even in boobs.....

And nope you will see pics soon........

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Well @mitten_reef was complaining about updates..............:rolleyes: well tank is still going and looks ok.............still suck at pics so working on them.............but just for mitten kitten :lol:

IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6624.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 2
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well @mitten_reef was complaining about updates..............:rolleyes: well tank is still going and looks ok.............still suck at pics so working on them.............but just for mitten kitten :lol:

IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6624.jpg

That’s a weird looking parakeet 

• Haha 6
  • Thanks 1
Just now, mitten_reef said:

What?!? You got pet chickens too?

yup..................and yes its a pet as its old and no eggs anymore..............we have one thats 11 year old we think.............hell you never saw the chicken condo..........:lol:

• Like 4
righttirefire
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Thats a hen.................get it right............ :slap:

Was hoping for a pict... maybe I'll pick up matteo now that hes all married and invade casa de spectra. Armed with sarcasm, coors light, and matteo's camera

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, righttirefire said:

Was hoping for a pict... maybe I'll pick up matteo now that hes all married and invade casa de spectra. Armed with sarcasm, coors light, and matteo's camera

This^^^^ 

The Inlaws are still in town so a little busy still. I won't even have time for my weekend water change 😬😭

Can I bring a certain breathing aperatus for some herbal meds...? 😁

1 hour ago, righttirefire said:

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Thats a hen.................get it right............ :slap:

It's 2020. I don't see gender 

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

How's it going? Still have the tank? :tongueout:

Living the dream......................how about you ?

Yeah tank is limping along....................hell I miss my 100 and the ATI/nanobox........................ just not a fan of a 24" tall tank...................the fish love it but me not so much...............,,,

Someday I will have a 8 or 10 footer......................18" tall of course...................

• Like 3
teenyreef
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Living the dream......................how about you ?

Yeah tank is limping along....................hell I miss my 100 and the ATI/nanobox........................ just not a fan of a 24" tall tank...................the fish love it but me not so much...............,,,

Someday I will have a 8 or 10 footer......................18" tall of course...................

I'm doing fine and finally catching up here on N-R. 

I know what you mean about the deep tank. My 90g FW tank is as tall as I would ever want. I don't want to need a ladder to reach the bottom of the tank.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Well just for Mitten Kitten a update..................... tank is kicking my ass and not happy............well all corals seem happy except a few zoas ans some sticks..........but other ssticks seem happy so its one of those wonder why things...........going to run an ICP test and see what comes back just ordered one today........ran some tests and everything seems normal but the stupid Hannah Ultra low is sitting at .04 still cant get it to rise and nitrates are pretty much 0..........

Started dosing some phyto tonight when I fed so will see if I can get something to happen...........try and dirty up the water............

Other than that not much but did pick up a 2 polyp frag of some white zombies today so fingers crossed they dont melt..............

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Dang its dead in here................kind of like the tank................ :whoa: its still pissing me off and not sure why.............hopefully ICP will be done this week sent the samples in last week............but in the end am just not happy with the way things are going am thinking of a reboot................may just pull all my rock and start fresh............re dip all corals and see what happens..............will be able to catch some fish at least and maybe can get rid of the aptasia..............will have to make sure none are in the overflow..........dont want to really look maybe just toss my tahitian butterfly in there..................

Anyway there is my update................

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Hey its not sad.................I am just pissed at the tank and myself..................

Hell go vote for my picture in the photo of the month............its what I thought of when I saw claws................ :lol: Ooooooooohhhhhh the claw........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You think this might just be from having a new tank that needs time to mature? I know you used your old rock but how much new rock did you use? All new sand too right?? What about that crazy huge skimmer? Still running that??

• Like 2
Just now, FISHnChix said:

You think this might just be from having a new tank that needs time to mature? I know you used your old rock but how much new rock did you use? All new sand too right?? What about that crazy huge skimmer? Still running that??

I used new live sand so no issues there............... tank was doing great and then it just hit a shitty spot...............hell skimmer was off for 2 weeks,........... I have 3 tangs 2 of them are 4" at least...........4 anthias..........4 wrasses..........my butterfly.............a rabbit sorry Jack not Stewart...............and a mandarin.............. I feed at least 3 cubes of mysis a day and well...............test for nitrates and it comes up 0................even bought a new test kit and still 0................ WTF I am at a loss..............

ready to toss a brick at it and call it good...............

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

I used new live sand so no issues there............... tank was doing great and then it just hit a shitty spot...............hell skimmer was off for 2 weeks,........... I have 3 tangs 2 of them are 4" at least...........4 anthias..........4 wrasses..........my butterfly.............a rabbit sorry Jack not Stewart...............and a mandarin.............. I feed at least 3 cubes of mysis a day and well...............test for nitrates and it comes up 0................even bought a new test kit and still 0................ WTF I am at a loss..............

ready to toss a brick at it and call it good...............

It is frustrating .. even more so bc you have so much cash tied up in it.  I'd say its bc the tank is still new and going to need more time to stabilize.. icp results will be interesting for sure.. I mean some knuckle head did run high tds water in his tank for lord know how long 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  maybe it's still rebounding 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, second_decimal said:

He’s old.. probably forgot the biospira.

Edit: I feel ya tho.. the aptasia is a nightmare. 

No biospira here...........................

I do feed phyto though................

• Like 2
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

It is frustrating .. even more so bc you have so much cash tied up in it.  I'd say its bc the tank is still new and going to need more time to stabilize.. icp results will be interesting for sure.. I mean some knuckle head did run high tds water in his tank for lord know how long 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  maybe it's still rebounding 

Yes....................yes I did but tank is almost a year old so not so new and with old rock as half was cycled it should not have been an issue.............

Like I said am waiting on the ICP and may just send one into Triton and see what comes back...............

I will have a lot of credit with the LFS so like I said a new rock scape may be in order..............plus all the corals I will give them hell...............

• Like 4